Help - Mother owns land in Warragul (Regional Victoria) and wants to build NDIS property

Discussion in 'NRAS & NDIS SDA' started by Jane56, 11th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jane56

Jane56 Member

Help please!

My mother owns land in Warragul, Victoria and wants to build an NDIS property.

The main reason is to have a high cashflow positive IP that will give her income to fund her retirement and hopefully pass this to us, her children.

1. Is there anyone in Victoria to assist?
    2. How much is the build cost likely to be vs normal build?
    3. How does the appreciation compare with a normal 4 bedroom single storey in the area?
    4. Where can I find statistics on high demand areas?
    5. Anything else to know about?

Thank you!

Zeemo likes this.
  2. Zeemo

Zeemo Member

I am extremely interested in this as well. Let’s wait for answers.

3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I wonder if @RPI can help answer this?

4. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

1. You need to find an ethical SDA provider - (lot's of providers won't touch yours above because they are the salesy type who only want to do stuff in new estates where they can get kickbacks from land sales - so that takes them out)

2. 4 bed house for 3 residents high phys costs around $600k to build - (cheap builds don't work at this level)

3. It's more of a commercial valuation. Have people who will buy you out at 8% cap rate. Fund listing as a REIT in 2025 will pay more

4. You can't. There are high demands everywhere for now. But it's vital to get the design right. Lots of rubbish. Victoria has a heap of non-ensuited stuff. Private ensuite per bedroom is a must.

5. Building to minimum specification of SDA design guidelines is like building a 1 bedroom house for the general public. Meets the standards, but no one wants to live in, not fit for purpose.

wylie, Propin and geoffw like this.

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.