Help me change bedrooms layout

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by kirags, 15th Oct, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. kirags

kirags Active Member

Hi Folks,

Looking at a new PPOR and there is a house that ticks a lot of boxes (location/price range and aspect) but needs quite a bit of renovation - although mostly cosmetic.
    My main concern is that the bedrooms are VERY small for our needs so I am scratching my head trying to figure it out the most economical way to increase the size of at least two of the bedrooms without breaking the bank. We also need to add another bathroom (ensuite).

How would you increase the size of the 2 bedrooms on the right and add an ensuite in the most economical way?
    Considerations:
    - Budget for renovations between 80 and 150K depending on how much we are able to buy it for at auction
    - House is double brick
    -Other renovations that must be done include:
    • Full kitchen renovation - Hopefully max 30K (happy with Ikea Kitchen)
    • Pull gas pipe from the street (could be up to 5K)
    • Floors throughout the house - looking at tiles or floating floorboards
    • Relocate Laundry and demolish existing laundry and shower to add bi-fold doors to the garden.
    • Relocate carport to the side of the house
    • Existing bathroom needs renovation as it is very dated but could be done later
    We have considered extending the bedrooms to the side by 1.5m using the driveway however given this is a double brick external wall I would imagine this could be too costly to be worth. Any ideas will be highly appreciated.

Please note that the measurements on the floor plan provided by the agent are not 100% right and bedrooms are slightly smaller than they appear - 1st bedroom on the right (3.16x3.53), 2nd bedroom on the right (3.2x3.2), 1st bedroom on the left next to the bathroom (3.9 x 3.15).
    Cheers
    K

Attached Files:

2. luckyone

luckyone Well-Known Member

You could potentially move the lounge room further to the back of the house (getting rid of the smaller bathroom), and then use the extra space gained by removing that tiny bathroom to add some extra space onto the two bedrooms on the right.

No idea how to get an ensuite in, unless you can make the main bathroom a bit smaller and then move the wardrobe in the master to one of the other walls and put a small ensuite in where the wardrobe currently sits.

craigc likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia