Help- educational options

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by HouseBuyer, 11th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. HouseBuyer

HouseBuyer New Member

Hi, this is the first time I have posted, thanks in advance for any feedback! I have been reading posts for a while though

Today I attended Steve McKnight’s one day seminar, next week I attend Michael Yardney s. I am aware of sprikers and the like but am now left so confused about what to do. For property one I did some research and hired a ba as we were interstate. I was thinking that worked ok but you do need to be educated to ensure you agree with their advice. So don’t know whether to buy into Steve’s program- I know you can get all the info online but I am time poor (but still don’t want to be ripped off)... so I need to decide how to become knowledgeable?? Pay a financial advisor to do a strategy and provide structuring advice and pay for say Steve’s course and do my own buying (costs less than BA) or continue to just use BA and learn online over time.. I mainly need guidance on how to get best out of money I have e.g just buy and hold or go for a house and granny flat or subdivide.. I thought metropol might provide a good strategy service but On researching I am not sure. I like the due diligence tools in Steve’s stuff but I guess you can do that other ways... are you paying for the convenience more than anything? If I could do a course and save on future ba fees that would be worth it but if interstate need ba anyway so I am not sure what I should pay for that would add most value. I do need structuring advice. Any feedback on any of my thoughts appreciated as I feel worse after today not better

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Do you know your serviceability? Would it be worthwhile doing a course of you couldn't borrow?

Structuring advice - see a lawyer.

3. HouseBuyer

HouseBuyer New Member

Hi, yes have sufficient equity and serviceability good too, alreadybhad broker review and said everything ok loan wise but I did not want to rush into next purchase as otherwise serviceability may be eroded going fwd. want to make a really good choice .

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF