QLD Help! Brisbane area for $350k

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Missholidays, 29th Sep, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Soy

Soy Well-Known Member

The "richer" Vietnamese Australians live there instead of Inala which does have a bad name . I don't think Forest Lake is a bad suburb for a $350,000 rental .
    Have a look at Darra, it has a huge train station (newly updated) with express trains to CBD (15 mins) .

2. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Tenants.

wilso8948 likes this.
  3. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

This week Forest Lake was named one of the top suburbs for house break-ins and car theft in Brisbane. Also it's renowned as possibly the worst place for termite activity in Brisbane according to my contacts in the pest industry.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...me-theft-claims-revealed-20200121-p53t6x.html

4. wilso8948

wilso8948 Well-Known Member

Good to know. I've never had any issues with my Logan property. Long term tenants, pay on time, etc.

TJD likes this.
  5. Stingy

Stingy Member

I'm closer to the Heathwood side of Forest Lake (closer to the Logan Motorway), and from experience, that area is much more secluded. I do notice that side that is closer to Inala seems to have more crime and theft. I wouldn't class Forest Lake as a bad suburb altogether. You just have to be careful which part you are in. For example, if you look at the houses around the lake, they easily go for over a million dollars. I really depends on which part of Forest Lake you are in.

6. Bradlyjv

Bradlyjv New Member

This is garbage when you look at the actual statistics. South West Brisbane to Ipswich always has people turning their nose up at it but its all very normal for the most part. Lower income for sure but crime rates are actually much higher in places like Annerley through to Calamvale then across to Logan. And while he'll have to look closely to get capital gains, the highest rental yeilds are nearly always in the lower class area's.

TJD and Rich2011 like this.