Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 2409, 29th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. 2409

2409 Active Member

Hi all - I currently work at a large Australian corporate in their strategy and finance team and I'm keen to spend more of my spare time on property-related ventures.

Whilst I am relatively new to property ownership, I have been working part-time at a real estate agency in Box Hill (Victoria) for many years so I am happy to answer any questions about property in and around Box Hill / Doncaster!

2. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

How did you score a part time role in a real estate agency if you don't mind me asking? It's something I'm interested in possibly doing if possible.

3. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Hi Peter, that's a really good idea to get familiar with how it all works from that side.
    Are you looking to buy an IP in the near future? If so, where?

4. 2409

2409 Active Member

Hi thatbum, I started an estate agency with my family. That being said, I don't see any harm in ringing around to see if people are looking for a spare pair of hands - are you currently studying?

I just bought a property in Maidstone using my FHOG. I am going to give that area a shot first and re-evaluate in 12-18 months (I don't want to forfeit my grant!). If I had more money lying around, I would personally love to buy into the South East (e.g. Murrumbeena / Oakleigh) as I believe the removal of level crossing will make life much more convenient for everyone in the area: http://ptv.vic.gov.au/projects/railway-crossings/removing-level-crossings/

5. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

That sounds like a good idea.
    There's still some of them around in Brisbane, not that far out from the City either really. Seems so antiquated in this day and age.

6. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Hey Peter. Good to have you here.

You say you're pretty new to property ownership. What do own at present? :) I'm always curious.