Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Journeyman, 30th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Journeyman

Journeyman Well-Known Member

Hi Folks,

Keen CF+ investor, been in it for 12 years give or take. SMSF Farm(er) renter, father of three, Govt employee, 10 years to choosing if I want to work. Love clay target shooting, and travel.

2. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

Welcome! The farm idea caught my imagination a bit. Would be interested to know what criteria is for a farm that can be bought in an smsf and how you see the numbers working out. I'm just curious though and you don't have to tell me :)

3. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Gday @Journeyman , welcome aboard.
    Where abouts are your properties?

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

love your dog:) and won't hold it against you that you work for government:p

5. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Welcome journey fan. Bit before my time bit ok forward to learning more:D

Saw your other post in the hack thread, sounds like you have a great plan and solid motivations in place! ....now where are you so i can 10L of oil for my next service:p

6. Journeyman

Happy to share information. Structure wise talk to Redwood, but the basic requirement is that you are carrying on a primary prodcution business with turnover >$20k Without this you are not a farm. The best part with the numbers is the $0.15c paid per dollar up to concessional cap, the fact the landlord (SMSF)is responsible for repairs (you only pay $0.15c in the dollar to fix stuff) Your rent paid from your PAYG income is deductible because you are renting business real property. I dont know if I am adequately explaining how it works, but once I had my head around it,it was an extremely tax friendly wealth accumulation strategy that allowed further income and tax benefits.

7. Journeyman

6 in central west NSW about 40 mins from Dubbo, one in Bay Islands area of QLD, and one in Western Sydney. I sold one near Rockhampton and one in Central West NSW got out with good profit, but they were problems for management or other reasons.

Azazel likes this.
  8. Journeyman

I had that old girl for 17 years. she was like a Nanny to the kids, Basset Hound x Kelpie strange cross, but fantastic dog. Lost her 2012.

MTR likes this.
  9. Journeyman

As I said in the thread, I dont know if I have it all worked out, but I have a good life and can see that if I keep doing what I am doing I wont have to worry about money. Thats a nice feeling. By the way, get your own oil! Ha!

bob shovel likes this.
  10. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I have it on good authority that this is a really good spot ;)