Hello There!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by PHiiZY, 22nd Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. PHiiZY

PHiiZY Member

Hello,

Very excited to be here. I have been reading some of the insightful information shared on this forum and I would like to participate :)

A little about me, I am employed full time in Sydney living with my parents. I own an apartment I bought 2 years ago in Mount Druitt (hasn't gone up too much in value but I like the positive cash flow) and now I would like to purchase another investment property in the form of a house, preferably outside of Sydney (but in NSW).

Question for you kind people. I have found some areas outside of NSW where there is new land development (residential dwellings) being planned and it hasn't been constructed yet. I am trying to understand whether it's worth investing in or around such areas and what are some of the considerations.

Looking at the pros - If I buy an old property around those areas at a cheap price now, the property's price should go up once the new residential properties are constructed. Moreover, the population of this area is going up which drives capital growth.

However, at the same time, the thought that keeps playing in my mind is that now, there is new supply being created and normally when there is supply, this is bad news to an investor.

So I'm a bit at odds with this. I am very interested in hearing your thoughts.

Thanks!