Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Hello Hello Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by blakee, 22nd Feb, 2016.

1. blakee

blakee Member

Hi all,

Been bouncing around on the net for some time now and for some reason never joined up in a forum as I would always have my head in a book or watching some sort of educational video.

Super excited to go through and learn a lot from everyone and finally reach out and talk to/meet up with people on the forum as it has always been something I have never really done and know it will help me ALOT. Currently took a job in logistics a year ago so I could spend more of my free time learning and trying to develop myself,hopefully get out of it this year and into something that progresses my chosen path in real estate.

Always up for chat :)

2. MsAli

MsAli Well-Known Member Premium Member

Hi @blakee - are you in the real estate industry?

welcome.

3. blakee

blakee Member

hey there,

no currently not in the real estate industry but looking at getting into in some way!

4. Jake Milne

Jake Milne #1 Buyers Agent, Vic. Business Member

Hi Blake,

Welcome to the forum, make yourself at home, hope you can learn and also contribute to the forum!

5. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Member

Welcome to the forums Blake. This place has a pretty friendly bunch and plenty of great people that are into developing themselves/growing wealth.

What are you looking to do in real estate?

6. blakee

blakee Member

Well i am very eager to get into investing but become some sort of a real estate agent or property manager just to further myself into the real estate world and be surround by it 24/7. I have a opportunity to maybe use the equity in my dad's house to purchase a investment property if I can show him his ROI and obviously take care of everything cost wise and research wise as I have been paying half the rent for the past six years and thought it was only fair that I could be able to use some of it.

7. Jake Milne

Jake Milne #1 Buyers Agent, Vic. Business Member

It'd be great if you could get a leg up through your father. If this will be your first mortgage be sure that you are careful with what you purchase and do your serviceability calcs based on higher mortgage rates (I do mine on 7% - 9%).

That being said, Real Estate Sales incomes are usually terrible for the first 12-24 months as you have to build up a client base. Property management juniors will get around $40k - $50k so again not great money. Not trying to discourage you, just pointing out it takes a while to build up salary in real estate which will impact your borrowing power.

8. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Member

Awesome. I've watched and read a fair few young people move into businesses within property over the last couple years - great to see and hear about.

If i've noticed one thing, the focus on self development beforehand appears to be a commonality in most cases - building up the skill set to make the jump. As Jake mentioned, it can be very difficult to begin with, hence the requirement to build some resilience up beforehand.

All the best!

Leo2413 and Jake Milne like this.
  9. blakee

blakee Member

Awesome thanks! I am defenitly being very picky in buying my first home and lucky to be in a family surrounded by tradies so can get good discounts and will be able to renovate at a lower cost. If anyone may know of some good areas in brisbane to be looking at would be greatly appreciated. :)

But yes I have been looking into that side and thought it would be better to get into it now then wait around and wait around and finally get in later as i am only 22 now.

10. blakee

blakee Member

Yes i totally agree that at the start a lot of us are on the self-development journey and i kinda feel like I've been doing it for awhile now basically the last 2 years but haven't made the jump into any action. I just think of an excuse and then continue to find more and more information to read up on and buy without actually doing anything.

thanks tho and all the best :)

Redom likes this.