Hello from Victoria, Yarra Valley - Newbie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Abhi, 6th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Abhi

Abhi Member

Hi Everyone,

My name is Abhi. I am 34 yrs old and an IT consultant by profession, working for a large insurer. I live in Lilydale, VIC with my wife and 2 yo daughter.

I feel lucky to have stumbled upon this fantastic community! I was just doing some random search about properties the other day and came across this forum. What a treasure of information! It will be lovely to get some guidance from the people who have already done what I am aspiring to do.

A bit about myself - I moved to Australia 4 years ago and now we call Melbourne region our home :)
    So far I have managed to acquire one residential property which is a 4 bed 2 bath house on a full block in the beautiful town of Lilydale. My goal is to have a well balanced property portfolio and generate enough passive income so that I can retire from working for someone else and focus on doing what I love, which is working with Horses :)

I really look forward to learning a lot from this forum and contribute wherever my little knowledge will allow me to.

Cheers!
    Abhi

2. peastman

peastman Well-Known Member

Hi @Ahbi
    Welcome to the forum.
    If you are interested in getting to know some of us a bit better, we regularly have a get together.
    Melbourne East group meets on the 2nd tuesday each month at a suburban pub, the next one will be on 12th July at 7PM
    Mitcham Hotel Bistro
    556 Maroondah Hwy, Mitcham.
    Booked under "Property Chat"

Full details are posted here Networking & Meetups

There is no cost (other than optional meal or drink) and no agenda, just come along and chat to other property people.

3. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

Hi Ahbi,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you get plenty out of it like we all do.

Mick

4. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Hi @Abhi. Welcome to the forum! As noted, you've stumbled upon a goldmine of information so enjoy your stay.

What are the next steps for you towards your passive income goal?

5. Abhi

Abhi Member

Thank you guys :)

@Mick Butterfield , I am enjoying this form already mate! Awesome friendly people and tons of information.

@peastman , Lucky that checked your message today, thanks for letting me know about the meet up. I'd love to be there tomorrow!

@Steven Ryan, my immediate goal is to acquire an acerage/ horse property. Working with Horses is my passion and I want to start and equine assisted learning center for self development /corporate leadership/ corporate sales programs. Post that I'd like to be able to buy hopefully a property every year or two and maintain a net +ive cash flow. I am still researching on how I can manage to buy so fast using value addition techniques like subdivision, renovation etc.

Thanks a bunch for the warm welcome :)

6. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

@Abhi, sounds like a motivating goal.

Good cashflow and value-adding are a winning combo. Don't forget to earn more money though – that helps a lot too!

Abhi likes this.