Hello from Sydney's Inner West

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Hedgy, 7th May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Hedgy

Hedgy Well-Known Member

Hi All,
    I have just stumbled across this forum and it is and absolutely amazing resource--wish I had found it long ago.
    I'm a long time investor, I currently own two IPs, manage my own SMSF and I'm an active equities trader.
    I'm the victim of a somewhat passive accountant who hasn't given me the most optimal tax advice in the past so my resolution to get a lot more tax savvy to make sure my investments are tax efficient (I'm told that's the term to use if I'm to stay out of trouble). Anyway, this forum is is proving to certainly give me a lot of food for thought in getting smarter about my taxes.
    I'm also on the lookout for a new proactive and sharp accountant/tax adviser so happy to take any recommendations.
    Thanks.

2. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

I'm an inner westie, too.
    Nick Moustacas from Strategic Wealth is a good accountant, good bloke, and knows property. He's in Hurstville.
    Scott

Jacque, Property Twins and Hedgy like this.
  3. House

House Well-Known Member

Welcome :)

What tax revelations have you had since joining? One thing I've learned is only deal with professionals who are investors themselves. They'll be of far more use in helpin you to achieve the best outcome from investing.

4. Hedgy

Hedgy Well-Known Member

Thanks. Debt recycling...has certainly made me think about how I am funding one of my IPs

House likes this.
  5. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Welcome aboard.

There's some good accountants on here - @Paul@PFI is in your neck of the woods.

Cheers

Jamie

Hedgy likes this.