Hello from Russia!!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AceBuild, 8th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. AceBuild

AceBuild Member

No just joking, I'm from Sydney :D

(apologies for the long winded intro)

Hello all,

I’ve been browsing this forum for a few months now and have decided to introduce myself and become more of an active member to this great community. PC was recommended to me by an active member and I thank him for introducing me.

I’m a Sydney resident, born and raised in the South-West and was pushed into buying my first IP (run down fibro shack) in my early 20’s buy my father who, at the time was buying IP’s with-in the local area. An area he knows well and was comfortable with.

After sitting on it for a while, I decided to develop the block into a duplex which I completed in June 2015 and ended up selling one and keeping one. In the meantime, my wife and I purchased our PPOR and have worked hard to pay it down.

The main reason that I decided to join PC was to be able to learn as much as I can about property investment as well as offer and share any knowledge that I believe people could use in their quest to achieve their goals.

I am in my early 30’s and of late, have been contemplating a career change into property development. I’ve spent the past eight years working for and managing the family business which was in the fuel retail and automotive services sector. Of those eight, I’ve spent the last five finding myself spending time away from the business and focusing on prop. development, my own project and two of my fathers. This has sparked an unlikely passion (as it was extremely challenging at times) in the whole development process so I’ve decided to leave the family business and seek employment with a developer/ development company. (No luck as of yet as I lack formal experience) but I am determined and motivated to make it work. I have applied to the UTS postgraduate program to do a Grad. Dip. in Property Development and awaiting an offer. Should hopefully find out this month.

I feel that I can use the wisdom and guidance of many of the forum members to become a more active investor. I just have difficulty envisioning a clear strategy and defining goals. I would love some direction from anyone that is willing to offer.

Finally, if there is any questions about development that anyone may have, I’d be more than happy to share my experience and knowledge. By no means am I a professional in the field, but a lot of what I learnt was by asking a thousand questions to an array of different people across many fields.

I hope to get to know you all!!

Cheers
    Alex

2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

That woke me up... LOL
    Congratulations on what you have achieved to date and welcome to PC.

Start researching the various posts under the heading "developing", quite a few developers and you may be keep to view some of their projects.

See you are from Sydney, @Leo2413 and @bedeveloper @Shahin all developing in Sydney and some in Melb.
    I have just completed a project in Melbourne (4 townhouses) onto another in Melb, shared plenty of info on this which you can view if interested.

All the best

MTR:)

Property Twins likes this.
  3. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

4. AceBuild

AceBuild Member

Hi MTR,

Thanks for the welcome and a big congrats and well done on your achievements! Kicking some serious goals I see. I will definately look at your posts regarding these projects.
    For some time now i've been looking to meet like minded people that share similar interests and passions. I have come to the right place!
    There is so much to learn and get through and I'm going to try and be as active as possible.

I've read abit about the members you mentioned and look forward to getting to know you all.

Thanks!

MTR likes this.
  5. AceBuild

AceBuild Member