Hello from Perth

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Flying_Spanner, 1st Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Flying_Spanner

Flying_Spanner Member

Hello everyone,

Happy New Year!

I'm a long time stalker of SS and more recently PC too. I thought I'd introduce myself as I think I have recently built up enough knowledge (stumbling as it may be) and courage to buy my first IP.

I'm 26 and just recently moved to Perth for work. I'm really enjoying the life style over here! Especially all the small pubs and cafes.

I purchased my first property (PPOR) in Brisbane 3 years ago with my sister, It's on a double block so we hope to develop it one day, however for now my parents live it while they build their new home.

For now though, I'm looking in brisbane (Northside) for my first IP, due to not knowing the Perth market very well, so I think it's a safer option.

Thank you all for your help so far it has been greatly appreciated!

Perthguy likes this.
  2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

G'day flying spanner. Welcome aboard

(don't tell the locals your from over east,they're not fans over here :p)

I'm not too familiar with wa myself but the locals here are a great bunch. Be sure to check out the Perth threads and also come along to a meet up. Been trying to get them monthly at varying times for whoever can make it.

What work brought you over here?

3. Flying_Spanner

Flying_Spanner Member

For those in the industry the name is a dead give away. I'm an aircraft engineer. :) I won't disclose which company for, as I don't want PMs asking why their plane is delayed .

I noticed the warm welcome when I started my new job, with respect to being an east coaster, there is plenty of banter.

As for Perth meet ups, I'm always keen to meet new people despite being an introvert. So having common interests in property will make it easier.

mrdobalina, Perthguy and bob shovel like this.
  4. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Welcome to the forums! Look forward to meeting you at one of the meet ups :) Speaking of which, we should probably start organising one soon!

5. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

Welcome to Perth! Hope you enjoy your stay. Looking forward to hearing about your first IP purchase.

6. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

So your with Tiger that's cool ;)

LifesGood likes this.
  7. Flying_Spanner

Flying_Spanner Member

When in doubt it's always Tiger ;)

8. Flying_Spanner

Flying_Spanner Member

Hello everyone again,

Now 2016 is well and truly done and dusted, I thought I might as well update my intro thread. September last year I secured another property in Brisbane (my first true IP, after converting my PPOR to an IP).

It's a nice little post war cottage, that has a long term tenant in it already. (they were more than happy to sign on for another year which is a bonus).

It has plenty of potential to add value with a small renovation. Myself being the handy type I feel this will be a job for next year when I have more annual leave.

For 2017 I have a few things on the go, getting married in September, and hopefully purchase a PPOR in Perth or another IP in Brisbane/just north of Brisbane.

Now that I have lived in Perth for close to 2 years I think I have a decent feel on what the market is doing and where we want to live/invest.

Westminster, Perthguy and MTR like this.
  9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Good time to buy primary residence in Perth, market is a little pear shaped at the moment, whether its hit bottom don't know? but primary residence has different rules to investing.

All the Best

MTR:)

Flying_Spanner likes this.
  10. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Colin Rice likes this.
  11. Flying_Spanner

Flying_Spanner Member

Please do @Perthguy! I have a fellow work mate who keeps bugging me about when one is... I keep shrugging my shoulders, and say join PC .

bob shovel and Perthguy like this.
  12. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

13. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Me too - name a date! But please somewhere a bit southish ;)