Hello from Laurieload

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Laurieload, 5th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Laurieload

Laurieload Member

Hi there everyone,

I am very glad this site has provided a new home for ex somersoft users, a site which over many years provided valuable advice and learning experiences for amateur house buyers and renovators like myself.

About me - I am a married mother of 4 with a full time job, who along with my husband has a habit of buying and renovating what my kids call "dodgy mummy houses". It’s been a hard slog, with much dirt and sweat along the way, but we now have property in Canberra, Newcastle and Cairns. Hopefully that portfolio will grow in the future.

Along the way we have experienced renovating, building, property management, putting in granny flats and the occasional some selling. My favourite part of the renovating experience is painting and landscaping. I consider myself very much an amateur in all of this but happy to provide input where I can and welcome the views of others.

Thanks for reading and all the best for your own property investment journey. :)

2. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Haha - love the 'dodgy mummy houses', that made me smile!

Have you got a project that you're working on now, or on the horizon?

3. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

4 kids, full time job and doing renovations.

Impressive. :)

If anyone on her makes excuses for not having enough time, I think I'll point them in your direction.

So what's next for the property portfolio, @Laurieload? How far are you from your end goal?