Hello everyone - looking forward to chatting with you

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kinari, 12th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kinari

Kinari New Member

Hello everyone,

I am a 26 year old female from western Sydney, looking to invest with my ultimate goal being financial freedom. Having loved all things property/design when I was younger it's a shame I did not have a career closer to property. Despite this, I have realised the way I want to spend my later years is dedicated to my family and other passions, not working until 70, so that is my driving force for looking back at property as a way of life.

I enjoy reading/workshops about self development and property investing.

A new personal challenge I set myself is learning another language (I've always wanted to be a polyglot!).

My aim for joining the forum is to speak with like-minded people. Especially at my age it is difficult to find people with experience or knowledge in property investing with whom I can ask questions or bounce thoughts. I hope to get to know many of you and have my knowledge grow in leaps and bounds.

What are your recommendations for books/resources that you swear by that improved your learning?
    Currently, I am growing my property investment knowledge (to prevent silly mistakes) and looking into viable areas to start my investment portfolio - most likely outside of Sydney (or even NSW) to accommodate my budget.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

- Kinari

2. House

House Well-Known Member

Well you're off to a good start by joining here a at pretty young age! Welcome :) If you haven't already, get the Meetup app and look for property investing related groups. Plenty of them around Sydney. The guys here are holding a one at the end of the month- https://propertychat.com.au/community/threads/sydney-cbd-meetup-30-10-15-friday.4316/#post-72742 Good place to start and introduce yourself ;)

Books wise, have a look at the book list- https://propertychat.com.au/community/threads/book-list.100/ , plenty to choose from. My top picks would be anything by Lomas, McKnight, Somers, Yardney, Kiyosaki or (Brian) Tracey.

Podcast list- https://propertychat.com.au/community/threads/podcast.270/#post-11956 and https://propertychat.com.au/community/threads/do-you-listen-to-podcasts.1709/

Kinari and Jye like this.
  3. Kinari

Kinari New Member

Hi Alex,

So good to hear from you, and so quickly! =)

Thank you for your welcome and the great links and tips you provided. I'll make sure to check them all out. The podcasts are especially good for those standing bus trips.

Looks like I joined just in time for the meet up. Hopefully I'll get to meet you kind people soon.

Thanks again!

4. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Hey @Kinari. Welcome to the forum. You've hit the jackpot :)

Lots of folks into personal development around here (in addition to the property stuff).

Definitely come out to a few meet ups and you'll be connected to like-minded investors in no time.

Are you after books on property or personal development or both?

And final question...when do you expect to make your first property purchase?

5. Kinari

Kinari New Member

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the reply. I'm very excited to have joined such an active community.

I enjoy a balance of both books. Self development is a constant challenge and can take you in many different directions. I am usually fond of reading anything to better widen my thought process or improve my personal drive. As for property books/resources anything you feel would help me understand the area and avoid common mistakes (that occur through lack of experience) would be a great help. That's a key area for me. Have I considered everything? What could surprise me and make me stumble? Another area I'm particularly interested in is performing due diligence and what pieces of information people need to feel confident in buying.

By end of next year I would like to have gotten my first property. It may have to be a positive cash flow one to start. I don't know if that is too ambitious as I feel I have a lot to learn but that is what I aim for.

Thanks again for your reply.