Hello as I learn the ropes

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tenoleno, 11th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. tenoleno

tenoleno Member

Hi there

Been scanning PC for a few weeks now, partly as a go to resource to make sense of the many, many offers and promotions I'm encountering as my metadata starts telling companies I'm looking to invest!

Finding the quality and standard of conversations to be consistently high and this I think reflects a good forum ethos and administrators. So, thanks for providing it.

I'm in Melbourne with a property elsewhere in my partner's name, which with deposit gives us some options, but I'm working on our strategy for investment. May post observations and questions elsewhere - feels like the Wild West ...

2. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Welcome

3. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

One of the best things about PC is that it's self-policed (no offence to the mods who are excellent as well) meaning if you arent giving accurate information you will get called out and also run out if necessary.

tenoleno likes this.
  4. alanyin

alanyin Well-Known Member

A few things to get you started, by no means exhaustive tho:

- @Terry_w has posted lots of good tax tips. His articles are well worth reading.
    - @datageek has done lots of property myth busters. They are based on hard data and I found most of them very useful.
    - There are some really good brokers out there. Reach out to them if you need.
    - @See Change has written lots of very insightful stuff
    - There was a post written by @Ko Ko Naing on Ballarat: Ballarat Tip: The Capital of Western Victoria [VIC] Now I use a very similar format to do my area research.

woocommerce, craigc and tenoleno like this.
  5. skater

skater Well-Known Member

This is the best resource on the net. Settle down & start reading. Anything you don't understand, ask.

woocommerce, tenoleno and Sackie like this.
  6. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

Welcome. Start posting and ask questions. You figure stuff out pretty quick.

tenoleno likes this.
  7. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Also, start answering questions. When others pull you up, sometimes that's the biggest learning opportunity there is.

tenoleno and Ross Forrester like this.