Helen Tarrant or James Dawson Commercial Property course

Discussion in 'Commercial Property' started by Shah, 22nd Nov, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. 4theBoys

4theBoys Member

I actually do not question his actual numbers and achievements and no doubt there would've been diligence done as part of any awards he/they have one. It is a fantastic result and to pivot and balance the resi / commercial was a great move. I also agree it can not be all fueled by IP related c/f. My points relate purely to the BA experience, their approach and service. My worst experience, but I do scratch my head as it sounds like the business is flying. Perhaps its marketing again, or perhaps those buyers were ok with no site visit pre purchase (as one of the examples). Everyone has their style, but do get first hand feedback beyond the marketing (and not their recommendations) and get in writing on every step of the process. Would love to hear of other Commercial BAs in the market people would recommend.

2. Temporiser

Temporiser Member

Hi Shah, did you end up choosing Helen or James? I’m also looking at Mish Daniels as well

3. Property Guts

Property Guts Well-Known Member

I think what needs to be exposed in this thread are people posing as educators (see above posts), then they swap roles to act as buyers agents. Surely there is a conflict of interest?

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Only if they are flogging their own products or getting paid by the developer/vendor.

David_SYD and Simon Hampel like this.
  5. Damian Chen

Damian Chen Member

I believe that there are other commercial BAs who had arrived much earlier in the scene. However his and his wife's story reached the media and their story resonated with a lot of people. They then smartly positioned Rethink as the first commercial BA on the scene.

Their current numbers are very impressive though, which makes them by far the biggest. Won't be surprised if the transaction/turnover numbers of the 2nd and the 3rd player in the field combined don't even make 20% of what they are currently doing...

6. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Well-Known Member

And now Rethink is doing a course, but reading the reviews on their services here I understand they are best to avoid. Sounds like a money grab and you only have access to modules 12 months after purchase. Give us 5k for 12 months access... Then we'll recycle it onto the next client. Good marketing though!

Rekke likes this.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.