QLD Hedging our bet?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by JTools, 5th Mar, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JTools

JTools New Member

Hi all.

Been following the forum for a while but this is my first post. We are looking for our first (or first and second) IPs. We have approval up to $900k. Originally we were going to invest in a house in Brisbane around the Redcliffe or Ferny/Arana Hills areas. Though now with the floods we are thinking possibly a townhouse in Brisbane for around $400-450k (Kallangur, Petrie, Northlakes or Springfield, areas) and a house in WA, again for around $400-450k (Rocky, Mandurah).

I’d love some input into the advantages or disadvantages of 2 properties as opposed to one as well as your thought in buying in 2 separate states. Any input about selected areas would also be great too.

Sandie Subloo and Stoffo like this.
  2. momentum26

momentum26 Well-Known Member

Stick to standalone house per your budget.

Avoid any TH due to additional strata related cost with as they tend to chew into your rental income and you’ll have no control over them in the coming years.

3. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Well-Known Member

Agree , I’d go with one good property rather than 2 rubbish ones

Shawn6334 and PinkPanther like this.
  4. Nathan Prasad

Nathan Prasad Well-Known Member Business Member

Hi, depending on your age, if you are on the younger side I would always say chase capital growth properties upfront and then with your second and third property go for cash flow. Eventually, you will do a sell down and pay out the cash flow properties. We use software to put in your cash flow, living cost and savings to create an actual portfolio so you can be more proactive with your investment brief. Once you know your strategy you can build out a solid brief e.g Budget $900k purchase - min 3 bed 1 bath on min 500 m2 in x suburbs with x rental yield. Think in 10 year increments