Hebel or other exterior boards

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by dabbler, 19th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I started another thread about choice of property and construction materials, thought I would ask this separate as I know little of this newer exterior.

Has anyone here have much experience with Hebel ? I looked at a place that I think has used that for exterior, or some other? board, then rendered and painted....this scares me, even though I can see it would have advantages in some ways.

Is it easy to work with ?

Are repairs easy ?

Are there known problems, such as rot, water or other problems that will cause this material problems ?

TIA

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

It goes in and out of favour. A poor Acrylic render job shows all of the block joints in certain light conditions. Must be installed as per the manual.

380 likes this.
  3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I think the place I saw must have been some sort of sheeting or panels, it was not blocks that I could make out, maybe not even Hebel, The exterior looked like render, but 100% is not render of the normal type.

The presentation looked fine, it was about a 4 year old cookie cutter type home, actually it was the painted surface that is more of a turn off for me, whether as home or rental.

4. 380

380 Well-Known Member

You have few options

Hebel
    Blue board
    Rendered Styrofoam
    Poweder coated James Hardie fiber sheets.

Each have their own pros and cons.

I personally used rendered Styrofoam and result was excellent. You can see pic of end result in one of my other post.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia