HEATHWOOD BRISBANE SPEC BUILDS

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Bris developer, 9th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bris developer

Bris developer Well-Known Member

Hi there
    have just completed a couple of spec builds in heathwood, SW brisbane
    plan has always been to build and sell brand new.
    however due to unforseen reasons, my builder being a tad slow, i no longer can wait 30-45 days to list the homes for sale and then a further 6 weeks for settlement.... I am needing access to funds quick for a good opportunity elsewhere and my broker can refinance these homes within 2-3 weeks as occupancy certificates have been issues...
    rental yield isnt too bad around 4-4.5% and there is obviously going to be decent depreciation

they are both 4 bed, 2 bath double storey homes on smallish 320sqm blocks

due to small block size, i dont think they are great LONG TERM HOLDS
    and the maximum value in these homes is selling them to owner occupiers as a new build

i feel it hard enough getting people interested to rent/buy on a small lot in outer Brisbane with a new home, let along a worn out home that is 5 yrs + old

i keep hearing bris is set for a boom so holding for 2-3 years may generate some nice capital gains while being neutrally geared.

HOWEVER there is a lot of land out that way and wondered WHAT other people do with their spc builds

do u flick them off asap or try and ride a rising market

i read when the last GFC occured, the outer suburban estates get smashed. However, there must be a floor to the prices dropping as land is always going up and construction prices seem to be increasing much faster than CPI

sid