ASX Shares Healthcare stocks to add to small portfolio

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by lisawithane, 21st Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. lisawithane

lisawithane Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I only have a small share portfolio as I'm mainly into investment properties however I'd like to add some healthcare stocks in there as I mainly have consumer and finance. Any suggestions on what looks good at the moment?

2. vtt

vtt Well-Known Member

I'm really liking Cochlear. I've been keeping an eye on it and think there's still more growth there.
    However I am no expert by any means!

3. xactly

xactly Well-Known Member

IXJ Why limit yourseft to one?
    One for growth, not yield.

RHC has been good to me over the last few years. As has CSL.

Resmed. The world will not run out of obese people any time soon. They heavily defend their patents.

But it depends on so many things. All the above are US centric so the dollar dropping has helped.

Best of luck.

Disclaimer: I own all of them

Last edited: 22nd Jan, 2016
  4. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

For buy and hold types RHC, SHL, CSL are my picks. RHC and SHL might be worth a look around current levels for a long term holder IMHO. Not advice, DYOR etc.

5. johnpendlebury

johnpendlebury Well-Known Member

I caught a colleague the other day about to purchase some sort of ResMed mask product to try and help his snoring.

I thought that was extremely telling.

This is a guy who works in the medical field and instead of going to see a Sleep Physician he thought he'd simply buy some product off the internet. The only reason he didnt go through with the purchase was because i mentioned that if he's going to spend the rest of his life going to sleep with something attached to his face that it might be worth going to see someone to get the right product and something that fit properly.

This is a Doctor who i would've thought would know better.

If he's prepared to buy a product like that online to "fix" his snoring, i imagine there are TONS of people doing this same thing.

6. xactly

xactly Well-Known Member

QVE is a fan of SHL

And I'm a fan of QVE,

7. lisawithane

lisawithane Well-Known Member

thanks all. Have always been a fan of RHC and resmed, just wish I had bought back then :) will start tracking them closely

8. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

I hold SHL, RHC and CSL. You could also look at something like Australian Unity Healthcare Funds.

9. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

We invested In a company called ix biopharma that recently listed on catalist /sgx in singapore.

From when we first got involved around 3 or 4 years ago the company has consistently moved forward and met most of their goals so I've got a fair bit of faith in the team and we have met CEO and some key personnel on multiple occasions.Worth having a look imo, naturally there are no guarantees of course

10. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

is anyone following RMDs acquisition of Bright tree?