Health & Family Health failure

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MyDarlinghurst, 14th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

What could possibly be more important than money?

Gladys, Jamie Moore and Perthguy like this.
  2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

You could always sell the city units and free up a quick "MILL"pre tax and move out into the country area's..

3. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Like your sig says:

The important thing in Life is not the triumph, but the struggle. No satisfaction in an easy win.

What exactly is the point of having a miserable life, to accumulate wealth to be happy and have a good life in the future? Even though my builder is driving me crazy, I am really having loads of fun, doing heaps and enjoying life. Otherwise, what's the point?

Last edited: 15th Mar, 2018
    EN710 likes this.
  4. Foxy Moron

Foxy Moron Well-Known Member

Maybe you should give Lite n Easy a crack.

5. Ace in the Hole

Yep, just don’t die in the process by killing your body with a ******** diet.
    You can “struggle” in life and be perfectly healthy too.
    And, what is a struggle for one today will be easy the next time.

Nadine Cross and Perthguy like this.
  6. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Agreed. We have gone back to eating foods mostly made from scratch in bulk. So, lots of legumes and veggies cooked up and refrigerated or frozen. Apart from being tasty and fast, cooling these types of food increases resistant starches that are good for intestinal microbes that help us stay healthy.

It's not really hard to eat well. Most evening meals take me 15 to 20 minutes to prepare. That's quicker than driving to HJs, buying junk food and driving home.

Ace in the Hole likes this.
  7. Ace in the Hole

Good going.
    The ones who say it’s cheaper to eat junk food than healthy food are just plain lazy.
    Claims of convenience are a reason to eat fast food, but this again is basically due to poor planning.
    Just as you do, healthy meals can be prepared in bulk, in advance.

Anything is ok generally, including junk food occasionally, but in moderation, don’t have to be all or nothing.

EN710, Perthguy and Nadine Cross like this.
  8. Nadine Cross

Nadine Cross Well-Known Member

I thought he was poor?

9. MyDarlinghurst

MyDarlinghurst Well-Known Member

Well I'm working poor I guess you could say , my salary is just a touch under 48k a year.

I can never afford holidays to exotic locations like most of you on here and whilst I'm not into brand name items like $300 t shirts I can never afford them.

10. Clueless86

Clueless86 Member

I hope you're feeling better soon and that it's not diabetes!
    just a few suggestions:
    - shop online with woolies/Coles and have delivered or click+collect (free) then find an hour or 2 to meal prep or bake quick healthy snacks for-the-go
    - lite and easy
    - slow-cooked dinners.
    - can buy pre cut and washed celery sticks, which along with carrots are a quick and easy healthy snack
    - bananas, apples, pears are hassle free fruits that can be put in a backpack/bag with little effort required.
    - always carry tea bags and have a flask or travel mug nearby
    - work out how much you are spending on fast food a day/week, convert that to how many hours needed to be worked to cover that cost. If substantial, stop working that amount of hours (or half of them) and use that time to meal prep, rest, walk, meditate, or just something that will benefit your health, not cost it (hope you get my drift with this point).
    I wish you all the best.

Lizzie and EN710 like this.
  11. abbyfresh

abbyfresh Well-Known Member

And what is your capacity to upskill and side skill to increase your earning capacity? One decent day job should trump your current 3 gigs in the bag and then some.

12. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I heard that it's Friday eve, another excuse to celebrate.

13. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Pack some plastic disposable forks and substitute the junk with cans of tuna (drain the oil...tuna in brine tastes bland and probably unsustainable).

Have omelettes for dinner. Steam some brocolli or something to go with it. Take you 5 mins to prepare. It's not difficult.

Nadine Cross likes this.
  14. Nadine Cross

Nadine Cross Well-Known Member

who here can afford a $300 t-shirt?...maybe one or two could honestly and realistically do it, the rest are either lying that they would buy one that expensive, or are hopelessly out of control wthi their obsession with fashion and lifestyle spending....either way; that is not what I would strive for...wait until the end of the summer season and buy the same t-shirt on sale for $180 ;) :D
    Why do you continue to slog away NOW, in the hope of securing a better life for much later on, and deny yourself what appears to be virtually a complete void of lifestyle...and fun?
    I agree with everyone's strategy of planning for retirement, creating wealth along the way, etc...but we are only here once - and not for all that long - I believe there needs to be a balance.
    Good luck, I hope you can get your health and life balance back.

15. Ace in the Hole

Thanks for the heads up.
    Was going to give the tin of coffee a day for some extra stim, but seems like a bad idea now based on your results.

A jumbo size Coke to flush out all the sodium?

Don’t worry about it too much.
    Those Aldi staff are quite resilient and have usually built up good mental toughness to deal with all sorts of situations with rogue customers.
    You probably helped him build his resilience and conflict resolution skills.

Perthguy likes this.
  16. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

I hope thats not the instant or freeze dried stuff

ta
    rolf

17. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

18. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

19. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

2 glasses of red are great for you

20 glasses doesnt confer 10 times the benefit :)

As an aside, i think the Jury is still out on the higher levels of homocystene in instant/freeze dried generally, more so at "a tin a day" consumption.

Moderate consumption of coffee is ok im sure :)

ta
    rolf

20. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

@MyDarlinghurst - I can't really understand why you are somewhere between struggling and suffering. Given you almost have no loan on your studio, the rents should more than cover your IP interest and property expenses. You also have no rent or mortgage expenses, so there is very little external pressure on you.

Why don't you splurge on a $50 tshirt and take a week of sick leave, and then plan a small holiday? Maybe just work 2 jobs instead of 3 and then make a plan on how you will pay off your debts if you're so inclined over the long term. Your rents will grow over time - you don't have to keep working to support your properties.

wylie likes this.