Health & Family Health failure

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MyDarlinghurst, 14th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MyDarlinghurst

MyDarlinghurst Well-Known Member

Today i paid for my hard work and neglect of health over the last 2 months

Working 3 jobs , not much sleep , eating kebabs , hungry jacks etc

No going to the gym , i have gained 13 kg of fat in 2 months

Today i had to have a sick day from my normal place of work, the doctor came to my house this morning ended up staying over 1 hour ( dont tell me the bill !!!)

The doctor was a old man but very fit, I asked him if he was a rich man?
    He asked me about my private health fund details so lucky i was in a health fund.

The doctor wanted to give me a week sick off my normal mon to friday job but i said one day is enough , i feel guilty having sick days .

He said i was very rundown , only eating hungry jacks and drinking no water i neglected my health to work 3 to 4 jobs non stop

Today i have decided to get back to healthy living even though im stuck in bed with the flu and my blood pressure is 166/105 which he says is bad , it was 125/80 only 3 months ago

My stomach pains or cramps im getting a lot the last few weeks

So it goes to show , if you forget your health including sleep then u lose eventually.

The doctor injected vitamins , he will send a nurse , he wanted me to go as a patient in the Wolper jewish Hospital at Wollahra but i declined

I felt so much better when i was going to the gym everyday lifting weights

Eat right, sleep , you just cant keep going like a maxhine, its been a crazy 2 months working days afternoins nights etc etc

My mind was starting to go , for no reason i ended up having a fight with the supermarket guy in Aldi ,you just cant keep doing it, sometimes i was in pain and in tears as i worked physically hard standing for 12 hours in part time jobs

I am poor so i was forced to do this, I wish i could travel like a lot if you do.

Last edited: 14th Mar, 2018
    Nodrog and Marg4000 like this.
  2. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

Hope you feel better quickly. Health is important. Money can’t buy it so try to put it as priority 1.

WattleIdo likes this.
  3. hobartchic

hobartchic Well-Known Member

That's quite shocking. I hope you get better soon. It sounds like you might be on the cusp of severe dehydration. If you get worse it's probably best to go to hospital ASAP. No point not looking after yourself.

Time to make yourself some simple lunches e.g. water, fruit and sandwiches or buy something better out. And go for walks for minimal cost.

Take it easy as you recover. No point going from no exercise to too much. Gentle walking and less work is a good idea. Keep going the way you are and you won't be able to work. I would take the week off and recover properly if I were you.

Starbright and WattleIdo like this.
  4. MyDarlinghurst

I have felt so tired pratically eating hungry jacks every night

Stomach pains , cramps etc but now kidney pain , but i used to drink a lot if creatine when i was gym training so maybe that was it .

I think u can work 3 jobs just you need to plan it better, mine wasnt planned well in terms of food intake, sleep , exercise etc.

I would go from one job to the other eating hungry jacks etc, rushing home to wash clothes, getting 3 hours sleep getting back to my next job drinking a tin of coffee a day , eating more hingry jacks , vomiting , stomach cramps , kidney pain , then going to the next job etc all in the name of money

I could do it again but better planning i guess

My mind was starting to go tjough, i was snapping at small things, idiot in Aldi wanted me to take everything out of the blue basket before he checked it, im ashamed of myself abusing the guy as people stood around looking scared not saying a word , the normal me wouldnt even care about that, people must of thought i was crazy , no one said anything as i gave this guy a 2 minute tirade , i am ashamed but im ashamed too that no one even bothered to step in from the line up to intervene

5. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Dude - do you know what goes in that stuff (specifically sugar and simple carbs)?
    The tiredness you feel is the sugar hit causing a blood sugar spike. Did you do a fasting blood glucose test? If not get the doc to do one - it's the first sign of diabetes (I was like that all the time).

Change the hungry jacks to a Coles/Woolies loaf of low carb bread (under 20g/100g of carb) and a box of sliced cheese. I don't care if you polish off the whole box of cheese slices - you'll still be better off than one whopper.

Or just buy a whole roast chicken at coles/woolies (believe it or not, this is what I do when I meet up with friends at a food court in a shopping centre - cheaper than a fried noodle dish and much more meat!!)

Do it *NOW*

The Y-man

Colin Rice likes this.
  6. MyDarlinghurst

Thanks Y man , when i was gym training last year i used to eat a lot of chicken .

But hungry jacks is just near me so it was convenient

7. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Ice. You'll still snap at people or rip their heads off but you won't feel hungry, need sleep or put on weight. :eek:

datto likes this.
  8. MyDarlinghurst

I never tried it .... tried creatine when i was training and got energy although kidney pain too

The best energy for ongoing work is Weight loss table Duromine with black coffee , i took it a few years ago and was powering uphills so fast , lost 10kg in a week too not to mention i snapped at a few Police walking by me on a foothpath and was stopped and searched , then my doctor refused to prescribe it anymore to me.

A very pleasant large lady at my work took Duromine And took the bus home and she ended up punching another passenger !!!!

I think " ice" can do a lot of harm to your body not to mention being illegal , i dont fancy getting a criminal record and then having to disclose that to the Mortgage broker as well as probaly lose my weekday job.

9. Scott No Mates

I was at the local IGA & they had a big sign "3 bags of ice $5" - can't be too illegal?

Noobieboy and The Y-man like this.
  10. MyDarlinghurst

I think anyone who wants to go down this trip of working 2 or 3 jobs over a period of say 2 months needs to do a lot of planning.

When i say 2 or 3 jobs i mean pratically non stop 7 days , going from day job to afternoon etc then working weekend Security guard to Waitrer to Uber driver or taxi then working simething else weekend nights etc going pratically non stop , 2 months was enough for me ,

One thing is your mental health too although my physical health is broken

11. The Y-man

Agree - I got diabetes as a result of doing my day job, lots of OT and a second job.
    Can cost a lot in the long run if you don't plan well.

The Y-man

12. MyDarlinghurst

Yes the nurse just came out she has done a blood test and urine test not fasting though

She said i could have diabetes , she said im am dehydrsted , too much coffee , mars bars , hungry jacks , french fries etc,

She said i will be the richest man in the cemetary if i continue to work 4 to 5 jobs non stop

They will let me know in 3 days .I hope i dont have this diabetes
    My weight up 15kg in 2 months !

Marg4000 likes this.
  13. Scott No Mates

Why not just so one better paying job ie training to go up a grade or two?

14. hobartchic

hobartchic Well-Known Member

Just being dehydrated may be causing all of these problems. It's important it is fixed quickly.

Lay off the Creatine as it may cause kidney problems and is particularly bad for anyone with diabetes, or with weight issues. It can apparently cause water retention (increase blood pressure) and may increase risk of stroke if taken in higher doses. It's one supplement that I would only take under the direction of a medical doctor. This is a good site to check for side effects and safety of supplements with more info: CREATINE: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings - WebMD

Talk to the doctor/ nurse about running a thyroid function test. They probably have already considered it. Rapid weight gain can be a symptom of hypothyroidism which can be sometimes just caused by lack of exercise, poor diet and consequent blood sugar irregularity. It can be caused by an autoimmune disease too.

No point being the richest man in the cemetery. I did work six days for a while and was really organised but I have allergies so have to be. No Hungry Jacks for me! Also worked full time and studied three nights a week and put on some weight due to exhaustion and eating more rubbish than normal so I do understand a little of what you are going through. It's harder to be disciplined when stressed.

Starbright likes this.
  15. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

Every man, women and child (over 12) needs to be doing resistance training to tap into the 1000+ benefits it offers. If you dont then gravity will get you, 100% guaranteed.

chindonly and Perthguy like this.
  16. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Maybe take the time and read the back of a mars bar and the level of sugar in just one block that alone would stop you eating that gear if you are pre diabetic..

Every time i sit with the Doctor every 2 months after the blood tests to check the sugar levels,She tells me everytime when people are told they are diabetic some with constant reading above 15 ,makes a plan for them most never come back till several years later when it's too late ,at least you still have control ..good luck..

17. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

u can do it

ta
    rolf

18. The Y-man

Coffee - in itself not bad. Full fat milk is fine. But NO SUGAR. Use stevia related stuff or xylitol.

Mars bar - replace with non-sugar chocolates like
    No Sugar Added Dark Chocolate - Well Naturally
    or even run of the mill 90%+ cacao dark chocolate with less than 15g/100g of carb

French fries - stay of potatoes - with ONE EXCEPTION - those that have been cooled (goes for rice and pasta). Potato salad should be fine

...and if you just had a hungry jacks, might be time to go and have some haribo sugarless gummy bears... :eek::eek::eek: :D

The Y-man

19. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Look, I get it. You are working hard, long hours, come home and want something quick and easy to eat, you don’t have the time or energy to faff around in the kitchen.

But it really isn’t hard.

Go to Woolies, buy a cooked chook or two, whole meal bread, cheese, tomatoes, onions etc. Also stock up on fruit and milk. And eggs, boil half a dozen and have them in the fridge for snacks. And small cans of tuna. Microwave rice.

Easy to make a quick sandwich or two. If you want to get fancy, invest in a cheap sandwich toaster - hot dinner! Variety? Buy cold sliced roast beef from the deli.

Plenty of quick and nutritious meal recipes on the internet.

And drink the oft-quoted 8 glasses of water each day.

Good luck!
    Marg

Player, Perthguy, Lindsay_W and 4 others like this.
  20. The Y-man

Even a can of baked beans is better than other fast food.

The Y-man

SeafordSunshine likes this.