HBF Landlord Insurance claim in process

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by sammmeee, 23rd Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sammmeee

sammmeee Well-Known Member

I thought I would post my current claim with HBF Land lord insurance. So that others can see what not to do and what to do.

1. Details. Tenant in arrears in excess of 1740. Notices were sent and tenant was paying extra per week. They missed a payment and were then given a 7 day vacate notice.

2. The vacated a week after the vacate notice eg. meant to go g0 6th but left on 13th.
    3. No forwarding address and no signatures for bond disposal
    4. Damaged door, cooktop = 1500 in damages
    5. Property back up for rent

Made a claim with HBF - I did it at 10pm at night good to know they are available for claims 24/7
    I will be looking to file a form 12 with the magistrate which is when tenant owes more than the bond. I will be looking to get an order for damages to be claimed from bond and the remaining to be covered by HBF.

2. sammmeee

Soo
    An excess of 250 applies standard plus an extra 400 excess for rent default.
    Then an excess of 250 standard plus an extra 400 for tenant damage.
    Excess 1300. If it was a random burglar who damaged the property I would only pay 250.

Boooo

3. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

At least with no forwarding address and no signatures for bond disposal it makes it easy for you to get the bond back,in QLD if no forward address the RTA will try and the contact the prior tenant they just send the letter out to the tenants old address if no reply within 14 days and no claim on the bond
    the within 5 working days it's back in the bank account..

4. sammmeee

Not quite. In WA it has to go to the local magistrate and a court order has to be made to release the bond..ect..pain in the ass

5. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

It is also an offense for a tenant to leave without providing a forwarding address. Lodge a complaint with Consumer Protection and they might follow up and fine your tenants! :)

sammmeee likes this.
  6. sammmeee

Perthguy likes this.