VIC Hawthorn apartment

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Matt87, 27th Dec, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. kaibo

kaibo Well-Known Member

Close to 5% gross rental but 10% capital gain in 9 years not so good
    408/2A Montrose Place, Hawthorn East, vic - Property Sold Price
    Build quality not bad as been in there and right next to station. Don't expect any capital gain and the last 9 years has been pretty good for property in Melbourne.

Stick to the older stuff for CG or townhouses/houses or anything that isn't an apartment too many issues (e.g. bank finance, flamable cladding etc.)

2. jyeung80

jyeung80 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be looking at a Hawthorn apartment for CG. Lifestyle, yes, but probably not the best investment IMO. As mentioned previously, stick to something with land if you want CG. I don't think Hawthorn will see a lot of growth in the coming years as it's already one of the most expensive suburbs in Melbourne. However, I think that it will always hold its value (or at least recover very quickly) even if the property market takes a dive as it has facilities that are always going to be in demand.

Ben_j likes this.
  3. Matt87

Matt87 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comments. Will be interesting to see the suburbs growth in the next 10 years.

4. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

@Matt87 for lifestyle yes -
    don't forget normally a lot of apartments will come up in university related areas and Swinburne is in hawthorn

Personally I would get something in striking distance to CBD.

if you are that keen - I can intro you to my friend - he may throw you a discount for his development. (I don't get anything out of it by the way)

http://www.hawthornbond.com.au/

Matt87 likes this.