Having a nicer PPoR now vs having IPs/investments for the future

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by KayTea, 17th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I thought you were having a go at my need to spend money on travelling

All good :)

Alex P Keaton likes this.
  2. Alex P Keaton

Alex P Keaton Well-Known Member

Hiya. :)

No probs. Sorry that you thought I was having a go at you. My reply wasn’t to you in particular. Was a misunderstanding. I was sharing my priorities and the reasons why I invest and that I do understand that others have other priorities. As I said whatever floats each persons boat. Everyone has a different journey in life and that’s great. :)

3. SLP07

SLP07 Well-Known Member

I’ve enjoyed reading this topic! good to see everyone’s views probably learnt a thing or 2 from this! Cheers...

4. Babesoft

Babesoft Well-Known Member

Great thread.
    Completely understand the struggle with delayed gratification and it's very difficult to not compare with others, especially with social media where people are able to easily curate and portray perfect lifestyles.
    I've also learnt that vast majority of truely wealthy people don't show their wealth for a variety of reasons.
    Using cars as an example, I always assumed people paid for their cars outright and finance was only for those on lower incomes/had cashflow issues. Turns out 90% of all car sales are financed! (This stat was used in the current royal commission into banking if anyone is into this sorta research). So that new flashy car the neighbor/friends are showing off, there's a 90% chance it's financed which means they don't "own" a merc, they may only own just one of the doors:D
    Btw love the earlier idea from someone about "own a merc for a yr and resell with a $5k loss", hubby wants an M3, will tell him this strategy.

SuzyG and KayTea like this.
  5. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

I think it depends on your situations, whether you have kids or how old you are, what stage of life you're at. If you're young and single, i don't see any reason why you need to change. Let the money roll bigger before you get a really good dream home, it's not like the market's going to boom again anytime soon.

6. SuzyG

SuzyG Well-Known Member

Wow this is awesome. I’m loving this relatively philosophical thread and this sums it all up for me and what is truly important!