Have you had "the jab"? Tell us your symptoms

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Lizzie, 14th May, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Have you had symptoms from the Covid-19 vaccine?

1. No symptoms

36 vote(s)
    28.8%
  2. Sore arm only

40 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. Other symptoms

49 vote(s)
    39.2%
  1. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

A contradiction there.

Hope you have no issues by the way.

Noobieboy likes this.
  2. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

A hip-flask of whiskey will do the trick. Not for the kids but for the adults taking them for a vaccination.

3. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

On an unrelated note, here's a list of things that may go wrong with you over the next 24 hours:

https://www.medicinenet.com/diseases_and_conditions/alpha_a.htm

The Y-man and Noobieboy like this.
  4. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

5. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

6. Noobieboy

That’s huge! I wonder how much of that is exaggerated or unreleased to the vaccine. Considering 90% of people got one/two/three doses I bet a lot of data is littered with unrelated symptoms.

7. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Does anyone know with this latest surge, how many ppl go from ventilator to death? How many recover?

I am interested but clueless on this point

8. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

If you're under 70 and are double vaxxed with no underlying health issues: almost none. There's pretty much zero to worry about.

Noobieboy likes this.
  9. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Yes, I have that info! The info I wanted was whether ppl who are ventilated are progressing to health, or not.

10. apk

apk Well-Known Member

I had my booster shot (all Pfizer) yesterday, today morning woke with a mild headache and Harris strong fixed for a short period. Afternoon the headache did not stop, so on Panadol now.

I did not change any of my routine, ate normal and went for a walk after work.

11. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

12. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

LOL - I think that's largely BS.

I've had plenty of vaccine injections in the past 20 years (as happens when you travel OS) and experienced nothing like the reaction I got from the Pfizer vaccine.

I've also had plenty of blood tests - so I'm quite used to having a needle stuck in my arm.

The pain in the arm - being unable to lift my arm above shoulder height - was definitely something I've never experienced after any needle before, nor was the increased heart rate I got after my 2nd dose (but neither my 1st dose nor booster).

To be clear: my reactions to the vaccine were mild and passed in a day or two - but I definitely don't put them down to anxiety.

I have no doubt that a lot of people do experience anxiety when it comes to these vaccines - but to dismiss the majority of side effects as psychosomatic is nonsense IMO.

wylie, Lizzie and Northy85 like this.
  13. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

These were findings in a scientific study, comparing a placebo against a real vaccination. It didn't happen universally, but it was common. It didn't say that there weren't real reactions

I don't think that refuting a scientific study by saying that it wasn't the case for you is great science.

14. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I agree - I wasn't anxious in the slightest but had never before, with any vaccine, had the armpit swelling/pain or the insomnia followed by the need to sleep endlessly.

With TB I didn't even get the injection site reaction that most did (probably because I lived on a farm) - Tetanus is generally a heavy arm for half a day - everything else is meh.

I don't refute that a small study showed "some" had an anxiety reaction ... but don't believe it was as high as the 60-70% they have extrapolated it out to in the general populous

15. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

The article quoted said nothing about whether it was a small study or not. But another article states that the study involved over 45,000 patients.

If the conclusions are incorrect, the processes of peer review and replication will validate or invalidate the conclusions.

Anecdotally, my first two jabs were administered by nurses at a medical practice. The actual needle was almost painless, and the after effects small. My booster was administered by a pharmacist, the needle itself hurt, and the aftereffect was much larger. I don't know if the process of administering can affect what is felt during or after the injection.

16. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I'm not refuting the science - I'm questioning the correlation that they are asserting.

Correlation does not imply causation.

I'm not disputing that anxiety does cause a reaction in people. I'm disputing the corresponding assertion that the majority of people are having a psychosomatic reaction to the COVID vaccines rather than one caused directly by the vaccine - based solely on some people receiving a saline injection reporting similar side effects.

It could equally be that the majority of people are having a psychosomatic reaction which exacerbates the effect of the vaccine itself. But that is still caused by the vaccine - contrary to what the headline of the article suggests.

The report is almost like saying "people who got punched in the arm reported pain in their arm - so people who are reporting a sore arm from the vaccines probably just got punched".

At any point did the study suggest that the saline injections could be the cause of the pain and headaches that people experienced rather than a psychosomatic reaction?

Lizzie and jaybean like this.
  17. Northy85

Northy85 Well-Known Member

I'd find it interesting if they did a similar study on the reactions to covid based on how much media people have ingested over the last 2 years. Placebo works both ways, if you've been told it will be a death sentence over the age of 70 (or whatever age) could that have caused more deaths too?

I'm also sceptical on these studies. I trust science 100%, but unfortunately science is done by humans, with ego, vested interest and funded by companies with lots and lots of money.

Lizzie likes this.
  18. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Three more grandkids vaccinated.
    Ages 9, 7, 5.
    Mildly sore arms only.

jaybean likes this.
  19. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I rec'd my first NRMA (six) shot yesterday at the apothecary/witch doctor's. This topped off the RNA previously from a pop up centre.

No difference in the needle - tiny x 3. This time I copped it in my other arm. A little sore at the injection point, feeling a little lethargic but such a minor reaction if anything.

Methinks I need some vigorous exercise or maybe not.

The 3rd jab was uploaded to the vaccination record almost instantly.

Last edited: 23rd Jan, 2022
  20. Noobieboy

It’s fine to dispute something, as long as we are disputing it based on data. And as ancient Greeks said “One person reliable data doesn’t make”.

Im sure your experience is true. And you might have had a reaction from the vaccine. I would also assume the fact that this is the largest vaccination drive since the measles, reported effects are likely to be skewed towards being inflated significantly.

We need to remeber we vaccinated:
    • Large chunk of this earths population
    • A lot of older people who might tend to react to everything and if they don’t react they might tend to inflate everything
    • A lot of uneducated people
    • A lot of people who are dubious to science
    • A lot of people who never seen the doctor
    • A lot of people who don’t speak the language of wherever they were vaccinated.
    • People who might state they had a reaction for attention
    And even if above is not true. We don’t really have a basis to rebuke that study.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia