Have you had "the jab"? Tell us your symptoms

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Lizzie, 14th May, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Have you had symptoms from the Covid-19 vaccine?

1. No symptoms

36 vote(s)
    28.8%
  2. Sore arm only

40 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. Other symptoms

49 vote(s)
    39.2%
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Yep - we all had a test patch done a few weeks before and if it came up red then you got the jab

My dad, who grew up on a dairy farm, didn't get a reaction and hence didn't get the vax - he'd obviously been exposed to TB (and recovered) as some stage in his youth.

Perhaps the all girls high school I went to in NZ was more b***hy than yours

2. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

I'll be interested to see what, if any, side effects Pfizer has on me (AZ doses previously.)

After observing the increase in case numbers in mid-December, when ATAGi recommended a five month interval, I booked for 4 January (5 months and 1 day.)

3. Graeme

Graeme Well-Known Member

I had my first two doses of Pfizer in May and June. My partner was talking about going to Sydney for New Year, so I got a booster shot of Moderna on Christmas Eve. As others have said, there's evidence that mixing vaccines will give better protection.

I had minor side-effects from the Pfizer doses. I felt a little off colour after the first, but nothing serious, and an early night cleared it. The second went easier, though I felt really dizzy about an hour after the shot.

The Moderna hit me much harder. I felt pretty ill overnight after getting it, and not good the following day. Merry Christmas, and all that. :(

But there's no evidence that any vaccine has side effects that last longer than a couple of weeks. They're flushed out of your body fairly quickly.

I think that it really depends on your individual response. I'd suggest that someone who's had the AZ last time to get the Pfizer or Moderna, as these appear to be more protective.

4. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Just had my booster - Moderna after AZ vaccinations - just waiting at the pharmacy to ensure I don't fall down.

Edit: I didn't fall down.

Last edited: 30th Dec, 2021
    Propin, Gockie, Shogun and 2 others like this.
  5. shorty

shorty Well-Known Member

Third pfizer shot a couple of weeks ago. No side effects at all.

6. Harveys

Harveys Well-Known Member

Got my booster late yesterday arvo, first two shots didn’t bother me too much other than a bit of foggy headedness. This shot sux, strong headache this morning and my joints are super achy, feel like crap.

I went to a centre on the gold coast, I was two weeks early but were still happy to jab me, the facility was very quiet for the size of it, in and out in 35 minutes.

7. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I have had 2xAZ and now booked in for a Pfizer booster. I am a little concerned about heart complications but they are very rare. Of course I am more concerned about getting Covid, which is much worse than the vaccine.

8. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I was worried too. When it comes to luck, we've not had a whole lot of it for a few years, so I figure if someone is going to get a bad result, it might be us. Fingers crossed.

Perthguy likes this.
  9. SatayKing

Sore arm. Can raise it by 45° before any discomfort occurs. No other issues.

Westminster likes this.
  10. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Mrs No Mates had the Moderna booster yesterday (after Pfizer) - sore arm, nausea, sensitivity to smells and noise.

Nausea/smell sensitivity was as bad as when she was pregnant.

SatayKing likes this.
  11. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I had Pfizer as a booster on the 5th. Arm ached so much it kept me awake. Next day aches all over, fatigue, headache and that bloody sore arm. Took some panadol & it all went away. Fine today, but arm is still tender.

SatayKing likes this.
  12. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

At the max vax hub .... "now serving" ... sounds like a program written by maccas :D

20220107_120126.jpg

skater likes this.
  13. SatayKing

Sorry to read that. I must have got lucky as the only effect being a sore arm in the morning went after I had a shower.

Stupid Medicare system. As usual developed and run on a shoe string. I received the official Immunisation history statement (now uploaded to Google Drive) from the pharmacy.

What is the obvious issue knowing that on the day of receiving the booster, the system was down and the details could only be uploaded two days later? Plus I notice I received the booster just, but only just, before the "official" recommended period.

upload_2022-1-7_12-23-58.png

14. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

I had Moderna as a booster this morning.

Then the wife decided I should take her out to lunch.
    I am with you. My arm hurts pulling out the wallet to pay for pre-lunch drinks, then it hurt as she order entrees, …

Definitely can’t fall asleep …
    I hope this doesn’t happen to me.
    If it does, a bottle of good shiraz for lunch with another tonight to maximise my protection :D.

Propin, skater and Lizzie like this.
  15. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

After two AZ - had Moderna for the booster and pulled up oooookay

Expected aching and heavy arm - lethargy - and complete inability to sleep. Like, literally no sleep for the last 24 hours.

Mild side effects ... snuffly nose, joint aches, occasional tingling in the fingers and dry cough

Will have and early breakfast - two panadol - and head back to bed to try again

skater and Gockie like this.
  16. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Booster of Moderna yesterday after two AZ.

Only effect is a sore arm which started about 6 hours later - only when trying to ‘reach out’ though. I couldn’t even reach forward enough to turn off a light switch with that arm!

Took a couple of panadol and slept fine. Still tender to touch this morning and range of mobility to the front is a bit better - but can’t lift my arm more than 30cm to the side! Doesn’t hurt unless I touch it or try to lift past the limited range!

Side effects much less with the Moderna than with AZ (when I had chills, shaking - and couldn’t sleep because of the aching arm)

Didn’t feel the shot at all when administered so having a few side effects was a relief!

I chose Moderna because some recent early research suggests it gives slightly better protection against omicron.

17. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Tried sleep again, didn't work - took rapid test just in case, as got pinged late last week - but all negative. Hubby had booster at same time and absolutely no reaction. His immune system must be dead

Last edited: 8th Jan, 2022
  18. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

Same here, yesterday morning.

Only side effects so far:- slight pain at injection site, slight aching in that arm in certain resting positions, bit foggy in the head (eg left car open and wife nearly reversed into it, missed by 1mm).

Took two Panadol and slept like a baby until the building fire alarm went off at 2am (fire brigade came but false alarm). Went back to bed and got another good 4 hours.

Hopefully this is as bad as it gets :) but I will keep monitoring for signs over the weekend.
    … and because Pfizer is the only one approved for kids 5 to 12, I believe.

Lizzie likes this.
  19. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Pfizer booster on Thursday (my 3rd dose), standard sore arm - not as bad today, but still a little sore.

Feeling generally a bit flat - but no other symptoms.

Didn't get the elevated heart rate and feeling of anxiety like I did after dose #2 thankfully - that was unpleasant.

20. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

I take it all back! Now am feeling completely exhausted and ‘shakey’. And cold and shivery!

Felt well enough at 8.30am to go on a slowish15km bike ride but started to feel ill when back home.

Off to bed now.