Have you had "the jab"? Tell us your symptoms

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Lizzie, 14th May, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Have you had symptoms from the Covid-19 vaccine?

1. No symptoms

36 vote(s)
    28.8%
  2. Sore arm only

40 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. Other symptoms

49 vote(s)
    39.2%
  1. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I thought you have a choice? Shoulder or buttock. Is that why doctors give me a funny look?

Sackie, Propin, Lizzie and 1 other person like this.
  2. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

if you take down your pants, you are going to catch COVID, and you might catch something else :) . Please post ALL your side effects here when you do it.

3. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

Seems odd to do under 50s before older groups finished, they can have Pfizer as well, but I guess makes no difference when there is no covid around. 40s don't start here until 50s done (1 month), 50s didn't start until 60s 75% done, etc..

Lizzie likes this.
  4. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

36 to 48 hours of the flu. Fever, chills, muscle ache, dizziness . Would even call it delirium. Can’t wait for round 2.

Lizzie likes this.
  5. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

Got 2nd dose of Pfizer few weeks ago. A bit stronger than normal flu jab. First one was a bit worse than the second. Subjective fever, headache, tired and sore arm, but just glad that I had it.

Sailin, Joynz and Lizzie like this.
  6. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

i had the astra zenica about 6 weeks ago. absolutely no side affects other than sore at the point of injection.

datto, Sailin and Lizzie like this.
  7. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I haven't had mine yet. I suppose I should organise it though.

Lizzie likes this.
  8. moridog

moridog Well-Known Member

Had the A-Z a month ago. Felt lousy the next day and took self back to bed in the morning, haven’t done that since last kid was born. Felt a bit ropy the next few days and tender at the injection site for a fortnight. Had the flu shot last week with no issues. Just completed an accredited immunisation course to broaden work skills base, much much more complex business than I ever realised, successive and successful Federal initiatives contribute to our so far tremendous vaccination rates. I’ve been surprised at how reluctant some ( much older lol) friends are to roll up the sleeve.

Lizzie likes this.
  9. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

It was announced about a week ago over 50’s could get their vaccine but every online booking said no vacancy and you need to call to book so hubby hasn’t had his. I’m way down the line, Wait Awhile longer!

10. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

Have you done any long trips in the air ?
    To see if there are any side effects while traveling.

11. Tillie

Tillie Well-Known Member

Yesterday I found out from my GP that due to the chronic health condition, I am entitled to get vaccine (and should get it asap), even if I am younger than the current vaccine age group limit.

Due to my age I can only get Phizer and now I am trying madly to find the vaccine centre in Melbourne that has Phizer available. Can not book online. Also called to the central VIC health number as advised. They can not make bookings either but has to transfer me to make booking someone in the centre. Frustrating unefficent process.

All lines busy, but I left the number. Hopefully they call me back. It is not guaranteed that i can even make an appointment, if the centre I chose does not have Phizer. Hence I might need to repeat the calling around exercise multiple times before I actually can get the appointment.

Last edited: 15th May, 2021
  12. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I copped a jab, an upper cut & a right cross.

Felt like I'd been hit by a bus. :confused:

Somehow I don't think that I was in the vaccination centre.

datto and Gockie like this.
  13. moridog

Beano no, I’m in WA and we’re too scared to leave in case Mark doesn’t let me back in. There is a three month wait between vaccinations for the A to Z so I could only urge everyone to try and get it, a lot can happen in three months !

Sailin likes this.
  14. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Think it's 3 months everywhere.

When I had my jab, they booked me in for the second there and then, 3 months to the day and time

15. moridog

Oh yes it is 3 months everywhere, what I mean is that people I know who are recalcitrant are saying vaguely “ oh I’ll wait and see” but, if an outbreak occurs they will be a long way off what we will call fully immunised as it will take minimum of three months. For the A to Z that is.

luckyone, Sailin, wylie and 2 others like this.
  16. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Clarkson Covid clinic is online booking. If you check often dates can appear. I looked last Sunday evening and could have booked in Monday morning. Just looked on Monday or Tuesday free

17. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Thanks! I think it will get easier with time! Husband says he will only do Friday afternoon in case he gets unwell. I don’t think he’s ever taken a sick day. I’ll try!

18. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Slow night at work. Lots of time slots on Friday

Propin likes this.
  19. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Any closer to Joondalup/Kingsley

20. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

The way I looked at it Clarkson is 10 minutes past Joondalup so 20 minutes extra in car or 20 minutes on hold trying to make a phone booking closer to home.

Looking Kingsley medical does online booking but none till June.

After being a casual covid contact. I got my shot on 3 May the first day possible how far I had to drive wasn't an issue. Australia seems obsessed with getting the Indian variant into the community. It has become an issue in UK. It's 14 weeks to be fully covered, 2 weeks after second dose

Propin likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia