Has anyone used Ripe House Advisory - Jacob Field

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Tadao, 19th Apr, 2023.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tadao

Tadao New Member

Hi all, I want to buy my first investment property in Australia, the issue is that I own a business and I don't have time to do the research on RE. My budget is 500k for house and I think Regional QLD will be the best option - but as I don't have time to look into this in detail I would be happy to pay a reputable Buyer Agent to help me set up strategy according to what I want to achieve and of course to help me find the best investment property.

Has anyone here have used Ripe House Advisory? if I want to engage them I will need to pay upfront and I want to make sure they are good and trustworthy company. Any comments/feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Also if you guys know a similar BA you know and that you would recommend will be also great.

Thanks

2. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

In my opinion, this a dangerous mindset to have regarding property investment (or any investment), it opens the door to being misled, if you use a BA how will you know if what they're recommending is good or bad?
    Anyway, if you use the search function in the top right corner and search for 'Ripehouse' there are a bunch of threads on them and user experiences etc

ZacM likes this.
  3. Tadao

Tadao New Member

Lindsay - Thank you very much for your reply, really appreciate it. I need to find the best BA to look after this for me as I mentioned I don't have the time to do Research and neither I have data that this BA have. I checked the threads of ripehouse but they are quite old and I believe they are from the years when ripehouse were only providing data not BA service.

4. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

But do you have the knowledge and experience to evaluate a good BA?

5. bookworm

bookworm Well-Known Member

While I cannot comment for Jacob Field (as I have not personally or know of people in my network who have dealt with him), I find his content is not bad and not exaggerated/slimy marketing as some other BAs.

I/my network have had dealings with Simon Pressley from Propertyology, Jay Pace from Providence and Chris Gray from Your Property Empire and found them to be decent - albeit different investment style, so find one that resonates with your strategy, goals and has demonstrable runs on the board.

Perhaps consider asking Jacob to give you some examples of their own portfolio and previous clients to talk to who can demonstrate actual purchase history and see if there is any non disparagement clauses for your engagement - a la the recent saga with a BA on mainstream news.

A lot of snakes and shady marketing (exaggerated BS) in this industry (including people who don't even invest themselves raking in fees) so need to be careful - it is not small money chicken feed to just throw around.

ZacM likes this.
  6. BrissyResearcher

BrissyResearcher Member

Not sure about this one, but I know of Paul Derry - Alliance Property Solutions, who has morals, values, and does the Big Bash for charity. Perhaps better to look for people who aren't building an empire off the back of investors? You can find him on LinkedIn and he is in one of the Successful Property Investor books.

7. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

It's been quite a few years but I've had mutual clients who bought through Ripehouse. Again it's been years but I have spoken with Jacob (never actually met).

I definitely don't have anything negative to say about Ripehouse. If I knew them better I'd probably have a lot of positive things to say.