Has anyone used Envisage Property Buyers agent

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by w00dy81, 1st Dec, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. w00dy81

w00dy81 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I’m a new member and first time investor living in the Maitland area of NSW and I’m currently doing my early research to get my first property hopefully in the next 12 months

I’ve been a long time listener of the podcast my millennial money and recently my millennial property and have come across one of the host John Pidgeon’s buyers agency Envisage Property

He seems like a really nice down to earth well researched property investor and would like to know if anyone has any experiences using this company?

As I’m new to property investing I would like use a buyers agent in order to use their skills to acquire a banger of a first property to get some good cash flow going that I just don’t have the knowledge of and time to research

I’m hoping to secure my first property in the first half of 2022 and maybe depending on lending and funds coming in secure a second property in the second half of 2022

I have also been listening to the boys on the property couch podcast and have contemplated approaching them but i have found some information on this forum saying that due to their overall popularity of the podcast they have taken on so many new clients and the wait time can be lengthy

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any helpful tips you could pass on would be much appreciated

2. w00dy81

I forgot to also mention that our borrowing capacity is currently $360,000 and while i realise that might be a bit limiting considering taking the buyers agent fee and all other associated costs like stamp duty and settlement might also take a bit out of the budget

I’m hoping that whoever we choose to go with will find us a really good cash flow positive first property

3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

From their website: "We are located on the Central Coast, NSW however our service is Australia-wide."

If you want to use them to buy on the Centra Coast - sure.

Do NOT use someone who is not local to buy interstate. How can they possibly know the local market as well as a local buyers agent? If all they are doing is searching realestate.com.au then you can do this yourself.

So my question is: where do you actually want to buy?

4. w00dy81

Hi Simon thanks for the response

I have no idea where I’d purchase but I know that is like to be a borderless investor and not just tied to the suburbs closest to me as it’s out of the budget.

Regional areas seem to be good performers with lower purchase cost from what I have heard so far

Like a few buyers agency’s sites I have looked at they seem to also service Australian wide

the property couch’s empower wealth also is based in Melbourne and based on an FAQ, do you service only Melbourne they say “Not only do we buy outside of Melbourne area such as Ballarat, Geelong and more, we will also board a plane and get an interstate investment property if that’s for the best interest of our clients.”

I’m assuming from what I’ve read and heard so far that buyers agents regardless of where they are located do the research for the client that they might not have time for suburb by suburb, state by state find them a good performing investment property

5. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Empower Wealth are a large agency with a lot of staff, including 14 buyers agents listed on their website. They are probably the exception here in that they have the size and scale to service a broad geographical area.

Any other small agency who tells you they can service Australia wide is full of BS in my opinion.

How many times are they going to jump on a plane to go and view a property for you if the search takes months? If they outsource their inspections to someone else on the ground - why can't you do the same and save a fortune?

I'm a big supporter of buyers agents - but only if they are actually adding value for the very significant amount of money they charge.

Spend time reading through the forums for threads discussing buyers agents and you'll see what everyone else thinks too.

Here is a big list of buyers agents who operate under a strict code of conduct - it's worth finding someone who is an expert on the area you want to buy in: Buying Agents Directory | Professional Buyer's Agents A | Real Estate Buyers Agents Association of Australia (REBAA) Inc.

If you are relying on a buyers agent to tell you where to buy - can I suggest you spend time reading the forums first and make up your own mind?

Educate yourself first so that you can tell if your service providers actually know what they are talking about.

Todd, craigc, w00dy81 and 1 other person like this.
  6. w00dy81

Thanks Simon

I’ll make sure to do some more reading as I’ve only come across this site in the last couple of days and not had a chance to really dig in

As I’ve got no preference on where to buy currently I had thought of going within or beyond NSW

My thought was to leave it up to a good buyers agent that’s trusted to act on my behalf and have my best interests in mind hence my post asking about Envisage

Back to Empower Wealth they do sound appealing in that they are larger and have more staff in hand and seem like a one stop shop with several other services if needed

Having watched a few of their seminars I like that they gather personal circumstances on the client to do what they feel is in the best interests of the client

thanks again

7. Tania Cerin

Tania Cerin New Member

8. Tania Cerin

Tania Cerin New Member

9. movebenztropine

movebenztropine Member

Did you end up engaging Envisage Property to secure a property? Or another BA?

10. w00dy81

Hi,

No i did not engage them.

I had a free initial chat and just didn’t get the best vibes

I ended up going through empower wealth who put together a property plan for my wife and I and also used their BA service

Couldn’t be happier with the process

11. movebenztropine

movebenztropine Member

Thank you for letting me know

Would you mind if I ask what Empower's fee was? I've been looking at them too

12. w00dy81

For the property plan its $4,950

Have a free initial consult and see what you think.

Pretty much the reason we went with them is because I didn’t want to be responsible for a multi million dollar mistake and we wanted it planned out in different “what if” scenarios

I’ve listened to the podcast and i trust their judgement

13. movebenztropine

movebenztropine Member

Yeah I am a big fan of their podcast. Recently purchased their arm chair book too which is next on my list to read

So circa $5K for the property plan. Mind sharing the fee for BA services?

Was there much of a wait time?

I am the same, don't want to make the mistake of buying the wrong property, so don't mind paying for the experiences of others with the pay off the future return

14. w00dy81

BA was very similar to other service around 15k with 1k off of doing a property plan

15. allanh

allanh Well-Known Member

I am sure you are aware of it but technically, even with a paid property plan, they are still NOT responsible for any potential multi-million dollar mistake their plan leads to. So you need to supervise the adviser and make your own judgment on their advice.

16. w00dy81

Absolutely it’s paid advice

Much like you’d see a financial advisor and pay a fee this is no different

I know nothing is a certainty but it is more of a detailed conservative roadmap much like financial advisors services

Ben Kingsley likes this.
  17. Ben Kingsley

Ben Kingsley Well-Known Member

Glad you experience with us was a positive one woody81.
    Also thrilled you took action :)
    Onwards and upwards
    Cheers
    Ben

craigc and w00dy81 like this.