Has anyone noticed an apathy with sales staff lately?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Car tart, 15th Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Deep pockets?

An old shoolmate has one on that stretch. Nice spot.

2. Jeffb

Jeffb Well-Known Member

I make similar inquiries on a weekly basis with agents selling greenfield sites in Melbourne. And I find the agents are useless and have no idea.

Mostly the sites are "contact for address" and no price. So typically I call up to find the address, the phone is answered with a "hello," not an XX from XX as you would expect.

The agent generally doesn't know which property I am talking about, but once we get to the bottom of that I get the address and the derive the rest of the info through my own DD.

I also find their descriptions of the property can be way off. Often they say it is in a PSP when it is not. Or sometimes they advertise that they can put 150 lots on 4 hectares, meanwhile half the property is a drainage reserve.

I can't believe how many vendors leave their properties with agents like these.

3. Jeffb

Jeffb Well-Known Member

I'm guessing to get the listing in the first place, the agent door knocked and sold them a lie.

4. mickyyyy

mickyyyy Well-Known Member

Give it 6-12 months and they will be chasing you to make a sale!

5. Brad McIntosh

Brad McIntosh New Member

Blue Bay has was still pretty strong through last year but the market is still dropping. Its a great street though. Its been on the market for over 100 days now an in that amount of time the market has been changing constantly. I would be having meetings constantly so the property doesn't go stale and lose those buyers. clearly they have lost one by you post on here and in the market at the moment all buyers are very important