Has anyone had experience with Metro, Guardian or Ethan Property Management in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Shaneo78, 27th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Shaneo78

Shaneo78 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has their properties through Metro, Ethan or Guardian property management and would comment on their services.

Shane

2. Hwa Rang

Hwa Rang Member

I have a property with Ethan. They are not great.
    Google reviews is quite interesting - 1.7 stars from 41 reviewers, so my experience is not unique.
    In my experience, they screw things up, they are slow in paying me, their communication is beyond dreadful (generally no response) and I have even caught them out lying to me. I have evidence of all these things!

Last edited by a moderator: 3rd Apr, 2017
  3. Simon Moore

Simon Moore Residential & Commercial Mortgage Broker Business Member

Level 2 287 Collins St Melbourne VIC 3000
    I have had good experience with Qura Property 30 reviews all 5 stars on Google.

4. xanh

xanh Active Member

I have a property managed by Metro. I find them relatively professional and proactive compared with other ones I've dealt with. Communication has been good with my PM as well.

5. Sharyn C

Sharyn C Active Member

Having worked at one of the agencies mentioned in the past i would suggest asking how they are structured
    It can be very frustrating for all involved when the different parts of managing a property is separated. e.g the person out in the field who sees the property and people may not be the person you deal with on a day to day basis. A different person handles the arrears, another person handles the maintenance, another person deals with tenant equiries, another person deals with the landlords, another person does the opens, another person does the routine inspections.
    Having seen this first hand with so many different people involved in the managing it can turn into a mess very quickly. You need to be able to deal & speak with the property manager and the property manager should know all areas of the property, tenant and landlord

I know some agencies who have separate departments and if set up correctly it can work very well

In the end you dont want to be speaking to a person regarding the condition of your property or maintenance and that person has never even seen your property

6. xanh

xanh Active Member

I agree with Sharyn. I find the property manager to be good (the person managing day to day stuff) but other aspects like leasing, which were done by someone else in the organisation, I don't think was quite as good.

7. KDP

KDP Well-Known Member

+1 for @qura property. Sam is a fantastic PM and nothing is too much trouble.

OTmg likes this.