Has anyone dealt with NuPath before?

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by jstirl, 11th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jstirl

jstirl Member

Thanks again Peter, You're right it is a debt recycling strategy using an investment property (I can put a name to it now). Going to put this on hold for the time being and talk to some other Financial Advisers, ones with an ASFL and see what they say. Next question is who is using debt recycling and is it working for them but will leave that for another thread.

Thanks again everyone for the feedback.

2. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

That's just about the most generic investment strategy I could think. Of other than buy anything and hope for the best

3. jstirl

jstirl Member

What? debt recycling?

4. jstirl

jstirl Member

Hi Terry,

Investment loan would be interest only and all rent from investment will go into the offset of the PPOR along with wages tax deductions etc, Interest on the investment loan will be paid from the offset of the PPOR. Looking more into it and reading some of your previous posts this looks like quite a common debt recycling strategy. Concerns are with getting a company to set this up for us, especially one that finds the investment property for you. Going to talk with some other financial advisers (ones that are registered) and see what they come up with.

Cheers

5. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Yes nothing wrong with that set up. it is how I would suggest it be done.
    I would be concerned with them getting a commission from the property purchase though.

6. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

It's a very valid strategy and a well recommended one. It generally doesn't work as quickly as you've modelled though so that concerns me if they have led you to believe that it will.
    Rent + tax benefits will go into the offset but the cost of the IP needs to come out and it is rare to find a truly cash flow positive IP that will even grow your offset a small amount.

Terry_w and jstirl like this.
  7. Tonibell

Tonibell Well-Known Member

Agree with your concerns - the "cake"is the property, the structure and tax benefits are the "icëing.

Find the right cake and then get advisers to ice it for you.

Terry_w and jstirl like this.
  8. CBL

CBL New Member

Hi we have been contacted by the same company. Did you end up going through with NuPath?