Hang on, just one second

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Peter_Tersteeg, 30th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

An interesting bit of trivia. In order to keep our clocks synchronized with the Earth's rotation, 30/06/2015 will be one second longer than normal. This is because things such as tidal forces and earthquakes slow down and speed up the Earths rotation. Apparently the dinosaurs day was about 23 hours long.

http://www.theage.com.au/technology...o-align-clocks-and-earth-20150629-gi0aqr.html

If you ever wanted more time in your day, here it is!

2. Investig8

Investig8 Well-Known Member

That's interesting Peter, last night I was watching a program called "supersized earth" besides all the fascinating things going on that they showed, one thing mentioned was, due to all the mega dams around the globe and their water stores and the impact on all our systems the Earths rotation has slowed a half second.

:eek: I would hate to be the one up on the space station with the stop watch doing that job. LOL :D

3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

People are already predicting a mini-Y2K because of all of the systems that will fall over with the extra second being inserted :rolleyes:

Speaking of which - did you know that we're only a couple of years away from there being adults in the workplace who did not live through the Y2K bug? :eek:

4. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

OMG now I feel freakin' OLD :eek::eek::eek:

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia