Handyman - small builder recommendation in South Brisbane

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by standtall, 7th Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

Over the last few years, we have had a few small handy man jobs at our IPs in Brisbane and unfortunately going through RE agent ends up costing a lot more. For example we have a couple of cracked decking boards and quote was $5000 for ripping out parts of the deck and replacing parts of the frame. It was unnecessary but builder wanted to make a 2-3 days work out of something a handy property owner would be able to do it in couple of hours over the weekend.

I am looking for a long term handy man who I could use to address these ongoing minor issues and keeping the properties in good shape.

Any recommendations for a reliable handyman, landscaper/builder in South Brisbane?

Much appreciate the help!

2. Headlong

Headlong Well-Known Member

Bumping thread for update. I've tried Hipages, but not a single builder replied.

3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Sackie likes this.
  4. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Hard to find a reliable handyman. I've been lucky in the past where I found someone through Service Seeking, Airtasker or Hipages and gave them 2-3 small jobs. After that we developed a good working relationship and I used to just send all handyman jobs to him. Didnt even ask the price as I knew he was going to be reasonable. He would only call if it was going to be a significant cost (i.e) >$500.

Shame he went back to full time employment but this guy was awesome and did all my houses in Brisbane over a period of 2-3 years.

I know someone now but I've recommended him to my fellow investors and he is swamped with work now and has requested no more referrals. He cant even do my houses now. LOL

5. melbourne171

melbourne171 Well-Known Member

Hi

Can I have Shame contact number?