Handyman inner city Melbourne

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Kate, 5th Dec, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kate

Kate Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. I am seeking a handyman to modify a kitchen cabinet and install a half size dishwasher. I have tried Airtasker and Hipages but I have not been successful in getting a quote.
    My property has not been rented yet and I think for the fact of not having a dishwasher is one of the reasons. Unfortunately my property manager is not being helpful with that matter and we live in Sydney. Could anyone please recommend a skilled handyman that could help us?This is my very first IP and I am a bit lost.

Thank you in Advance!

2. S.T

S.T Well-Known Member

Get a new property manager that can help you. It's imperative to have someone that will look after your property when interstate. If they can't even organise a trade for some simple jobs, what good are they going to be when something goes wrong.

3. Kate

Kate Well-Known Member

I completely agree with you. However my buyers agent has recommended this property manager... (My BA is a very well known and recommended BA by this forum) Trying to find another PM would be just adding more problems at this stage. The PM is being helpful with other stuff , but not regarding this matter.

4. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

@Kate - can I offer a suggestion of doing a full sized dishwasher if space allows it? The half sized dish drawers are quite expensive to repair down the track.

Will send you a PM with some names.