Health & Family Had insurance still paid out !

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MyDarlinghurst, 2nd May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Is that the one in West Ryde?

2. Scott No Mates

Holy Molar @pinkboy

158 likes this.
  3. MyDarlinghurst

MyDarlinghurst Well-Known Member

No its in Pattaya in Thailand where Dentists are not rip off merchats

4. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

Reason I paid $4000 was tooth was right at back of jaw and it anchored my plate which replaced a few teeth I had lost. Cheaper than replacing my plate etc and much more comfortable for eating. :)

BTW visit to endodentist would be one of the most unpleasant experiences I have endured. After each visit would have to visit physiotherapist for treatment for relief of muscle pain. My usual dentist tells me this is not unusual as you are on a chair at an angle of 45 degrees with your feet up and your head down. Try staying in this position for 2 hours with your mouth filled with equipment :(

Of course I could have chosen another route, an injection to relieve my anxiety at a cost of $850 !!!! with no rebate from health fund.

Last edited: 11th May, 2018
  5. Scott No Mates

The thaismile I'm referring to is a cheap eat not a dentist though he does have a rear lane entry.

6. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

Indeed. We have (non-identical) twins - so same parents, same age, same environment, pretty much same diet, same rules on what they can and cant eat. One of them had to get some massive fillings when she was 2 (general anesthetic etc) and the pediatric dentist still gave us grief over diet, despite her twin (and older sister) having zero problems.

The dentist was not aware of the link between celiac/gluten intolerance and teeth decay - very disappointing.

Cheers,
    Inertia.

luckyone and hobartchic like this.
  7. aussieB

aussieB Well-Known Member

How do you quantify excellent standard ?

I have had two dentists give me different opinions from the same practice (root canal vs extraction) ! While the dentist who looks after my parents in India, is able to accurately comment on their blood sugar levels ! I have never met a dentist who can look at gum health and comment on diabetes - hows that for standard of care.

luckyone likes this.
  8. hobartchic

hobartchic Well-Known Member

Yes, I am being nagged by my dentist who is not up to date with research. US dentists are doing the research and twenty years ahead of us in terms of pediatric care for this. My teeth are dreadful due to late diagnosis in my twenties. Had years of teeth being extracted and some teeth did not develop. Absolutely livid with the dental care but there's a limit to what I can do other than politely educate.

9. hobartchic

hobartchic Well-Known Member

I guess they are better there.

10. 158

158 Well-Known Member

Just back from the dentist who fitted my permanent bridge on my implants (4 front upper teeth.

Because I clench really hard when riding or concentrating, the technician strengthened the bridge with extra internal rod, and a steel backing plate.

So heres hoping I can bite into an apple for the first time in 6 years!

pinkboy

11. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

jesus, was it really that bad????

I had a teeth clean done in thailand recently, and it was much more painful than Aus, and I was getting scared to be honest,

at the end, the dentist asked, who was your last dentist, as they did a terrible job, and showed me the black bits they had removed from the clean,

all my previous cleans were done in australia