Gutter leak and clean gutters in Brisbane West

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by GreenGoblin, 27th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin Well-Known Member

We have an IP in Brisbane's west that has a leak where the guttering joins the down pipe, so drips on the steps at the front of the house, creating a slip hazard. The rear gutter also has weeds growing in it, so needs to be cleared.

I've previously used Kevin Cossor (Cossor Roofing) for a roof repair - he was excellent, but hasn't been well. After waiting months for him to quote (and numerous phone calls to him), I need to find someone else to do the job.

As this might just require sealing up the leak (with silicone?) and cleaning the gutters, can I get away with just using a handyman? The roof is quite high, though, so I'd want someone fully insured to do the work.

Recommendations for someone suitable would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    GG

2. Elives

Elives Well-Known Member

i'd go handyman if you upload photo of leak will have a better idea of how long but i'd think 1-1.5 hours if it's just silicone, just look around make sure they are insured as you said.

Cheers, Elives

3. GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin Well-Known Member

Thanks, Elives. Any recommendations for a good handyman out that way?

4. charlie01

charlie01 Well-Known Member

I have been looking for a roof repairer in Brisbane and noticed somebody recommended Kevin Cossor as well on Somersoft.

I searched QBCC's database and found:
    (1) Cossor Roofing Pty Ltd has been deregistered by ASIC.
    (2) QBCC issued infringment notices
    (3) QBCC issued Directions to Rectify Defective Work.

Often QBCC tends to cover up for dodgy tradies based on my own experience and others. It seems to me Cossor must have done something which was really really bad.

Unbelieavablly, the panalties are not shown on Kevin Cossor's personal QBCC record, even though he is the director and the owner of the company. This means he personally still has a clean record on QBCC.

Attached Files: