Guidance for Building Granny Flat in Sydney (Blacktown Council)

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by RonAir, 11th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. RonAir

RonAir Active Member

Hello

Looking for some guidance in Building Granny Flats in Sydney . This is my first experience with building a granny and I am still researching . Meanwhile I thought of posting it here so that I can get some directions from experienced investors/builders.

1. Currently at the looking stage for properties . Looking for 500 plus land . Most of them have Cladding or weatherboard houses in it for dual income purpose. Plan is for me to buy and build a Granny in it . Any drawbacks with this strategy if you can highlight pls.

2. I see the options of Brick Grabby vs. Weatherboard ( I prefer Brick not sure how much difference it would make in cost - analysing now ) . Also any other options worth considering

3. Any recommendations for Granny Builders ?

4 . I was advised to go with a private certifier rather than council . Would be contacting someone soon for more details.

5. I also want to understand at what stage the duplexes are an option ? ( though that is not my current plan , but given some of these houses are definitely knock down in a few years . Would that be a council question or a private certifier ? ( to understand the eligibility/council approvals/DA approval times/ building costs etc ) )

Thank you very much for your time.