Grumpy old men

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Lizzie, 25th May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

ya dunna have to be old to be grumpy

WattleIdo, EN710 and Bayview like this.
  2. RiMo

RiMo Well-Known Member

Ain't that the truth. Plenty of grumpy young men in this forum who love to whinge about everything under the sun. Sometimes you just gotta tell the negative committee that meets inside your head to sit down and shut up.

Life is so much better if seen from the positive side of things.

HUGH72 and WattleIdo like this.
  3. RiMo

RiMo Well-Known Member

You poor thing. A year after I gave birth to my daughter I went to a wedding and one of my cousins spotted me in the crowd. She walked towards me, saw my tummy and asked if I was expecting another one. I said, "No, I'm not. I just had a big dinner." She turned red as a beetroot. :eek:

The Y-man likes this.
  4. JenW

JenW Well-Known Member

I feel for you Lizzie.

Let him sulk for another day or so, then go to him and say, 'We need to do something about this. How about....' and fill in the blank. Maybe go and see his GP together?

If he starts to be difficult maybe just let him know what you said in one of your earlier posts...that you're not going to put up with this **** for another 30 years, so something has to change - either he does, or the situation does.

You could also ask him, how would he feel if a workmate treated him like he treats you? If he says 'That's different' you just let him know that yes it is - he's meant to love you!!

It coun be awfully tough getting them to face reality but sometimes you need to call it as you see it. If you make it clear that you do love him, just not his behaviour, he then has a few choices to make (with your support). But you're not put on this earth to be treated as a second class citizen.

Good luck!!

Lizzie likes this.
  5. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Hey Lizzie, sounds like his stuff is starting to affect you. I didn't realise that women became more energised after menopause - it could just be the relief that the monthlies and the hot flushes are over! :p I have certainly found myself nicer in some ways,and a lot less tolerant in others. The heightened emotions are not as prevalent, that's for sure.
    I agree that you need to communicate how you feel about the lectures and persist with that if necessary. He needs to know what it is that he needs to work on - be specific.
    He can't help aging though. I would be careful about going too far with the analysis and instead work on extending your own wisdom. Find it in yourself to tell him what you love about him and what it is that makes him special to you and also to the rest of the world. Really, your role is to love him. You don't want to now be that woman who is trying to change him after all these years.
    It's probably hormones but time plays a factor too. Maybe some of the stuff he says is actually true and he feels it's time he told you straight? Although you're positive and loving, is there something he's trying to communicate that you're not hearing?
    Less oestogen allows us to see men in a different light - more human. I think there's a little less tolerance there too. They are just as human with the same feelings, however.

6. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Um.... maybe there lieth the issue - Maybe it's a not-enough fried foods and bbq'd dead animals syndrome?

The Y-man

Lizzie likes this.
  7. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

My husband works at Qld Health, so everyone there is a health expert, right? They call it Manopause.

My two bobs worth is to suggest your best cabin, a fire, plenty of wine or scotch, a slow cooked dead animal in wine and garlic, chocolate sauce pudding, you get the picture. Gritted teeth optional

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.