QLD Griffin and North Lakes

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Logan, 4th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Since doing North Lakes, Stockland has fixed their major issue of high investors vs owner occs. Now their estates are minimum 80% owner occs and 20% investors. If they did the same for North Lakes the prices would've been double and the rent would've been much higher. They should've released land slower as well.. In saying that, North Lakes has moved, you just cant tell as the blocks have gotten smaller.. I know people who bought 450sqm back in the day for 90k haha.. I'm happy about everything happening there... Helps my property in Newport :). Land in North Lakes is very very scarce now. Almost impossible to get. Went there a couple months ago. Love it. The place is amazing. Reminds me a lot of the northwest of Sydney (Norwest, Bella Vista, Kellyville etc.)

p.s Gockie, do you usually comment an opinion on places you don't know much about? I remember you bagged southwest sydney a while back too haha

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

North Lakes... a lot of houses there... and they are much of a muchness.... I like more variety or some historical factor in a neighbourhood. They aren't making houses from circa 1900 anymore, nor are they doing more art deco builds. McMansions aren't my cup of tea.

Southwest... yep, it's the part of Sydney I still think is the least desirable. Nothing wrong with me saying that! Commuting to the city or to many places elsewhere in Sydney from there is generally not fun. And that's important. I'd honestly rather choose Mt. Druitt than the South West with a ~500k budget (not that I'd buy that right now either as it's already pretty much done its growth).

3. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

My issue with you saying that is that you have never been there in your life haha

4. Gockie

Have I been there? Yes of course I have. Just like Elizabeth and Woodridge and I know what I don't like....

5. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

You had admitted to never going to the southwest in your life.....which is why I grilled you about it last year....

6. Gockie

I think you may have misread .. yes of course I've been to Southwestern Sydney. But I don't have much reason to spend much time there. Just like the Northern Beaches. Just because "I'm not there frequently" it's not the same thing as "I've never been there"....

7. Gockie

Apologies @ej89. Here's the post. What I meant to say is I don't go to Southwestern Sydney regularly (as opposed to "I go to the Mt Druitt area regularly"). But of course i've been to the South West. Ps. It was not meant to be taken as an absolute. Just in relation to how often I go to the Mt. Druitt and Penrith areas. It's the same as the statement "I never go to the Northern Beaches (on a regular basis)" - but, yes I have been to the Northern Beaches quite a few times.
    Screenshot_2016-09-26-17-48-48.png

Last edited: 26th Sep, 2016
  8. Justme-

Justme- Active Member

Yes, I would not either.

9. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

UPDATE
    When Gockie bought her beach house at Scarborough earlier this year, we drove around all over the Peninsula, through Newport, Kippa Ring station, North Lakes and Kallangur.

(I'm jealous of her house)

10. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I would appreciate suggestions for renovating the 15 year old house when it is vacant later in the year. I'll start another thread under Renovating