Greetings from a Brisbane newbee

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Darren Gainsford, 25th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Darren Gainsford

Darren Gainsford New Member

I have been in the building industry all of my working life. I am now looking at 'Flipping Houses' in Brisbane possibly Toowoomba.

I am also looking at buy & hold strategy on property's' with 'Granny flats' for the rent return.
    I am looking for any advise on these subjects as this is my 1st time doing this.

Whitecat likes this.
  2. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Hi Darren,

Welcome to the forums :)

Flipping is great in the right market (ie, a hot one) but you may find that the transaction costs outweigh the benefit in many cases - CGT, selling costs and stamp duty to purchase the next one can mean there's very little left at the end.

With your skill set, maybe consider looking at properties you can reno,split, build and hold - run the numbers and see what stacks up best.

Whitecat likes this.
  3. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Hi Darren

Great to see another Brisbanite on here to balance out the mexicans.

Toowoomba seems very busy for us at present and Brisbane hasn't dropped either. I think timing for Brisbane is better now because we have less mexicans going in on a house cash unconditional.

D

ZephG and Pumpkin like this.
  4. Darren Gainsford

Darren Gainsford New Member

Does anybody know of others that are successfully flipping properties? Maybe they are keeping costs at bay by using a company rather than a private person?

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia