Greetings and my brief investment story so far

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by KDP, 1st Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. KDP

KDP Well-Known Member

Hi all, from the poster formerly known as Starter over at SS.

I'm a Melbournian currently spending the last year of my 20s working overseas in Singapore and living the expat professional life.

My investment journey so far:
    2009 - started my grad job and purchase an apartment in Melbourne.
    2010/11 - a house in Melbourne
    2012-13 - 2 apartments and a villa unit in Western Sydney. 1 CIP in regional NSW.
    2014 - a house and 3 units in the Northern suburbs of Brisbane
    2015 - APRA is being a huge PIA, but will look to purchase as many properties in Brisbane as I'm able to get finance for. A bit annoying as, given the tax situation in Singapore, we have $14k free cash flow a month, but according to the bank I'm at the edge of serviceability.

I've always been a good saver so building up deposits haven't been that difficult. I'm also extremely fortunate that I have a fantastic partner who is very supportive and has complete trust in me to push the envelope with our investments (and debt level), especially as our last 8 properties were purchased sight-unseen and the one before that we signed the contract with only me viewing the place.

I have met a few people from Somersoft and have exchanged calls/emails/fb messages with many more, and hope to keep making connections as PC grows.

Gingin, fols, diagnostic and 5 others like this.
  2. Patsy

Patsy Member

Look forward to your input KDP, that's a gutsy and impressive portfolio you have created :)

3. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

That's some pretty good accumulation there, you're buying more every year !

4. KDP

KDP Well-Known Member

Thanks Ace. DINK while living in Asia will definitely turbo charge the accumulation. Will be a lot tougher this year though due to APRA.

5. KDP

KDP Well-Known Member

Cheers Patsy. Not really that gutsy, that's the great thing about property, if you manage your cashflow and purchase the right type of properties in the right market it's the safest way to accumulate an asset base with leverage.

Gingin and Redom like this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia