Greed vs Aggressive Action

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Ace in the Hole, 11th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kate Moloney

Kate Moloney Well-Known Member

I disagree about the property education comments........what I believe in is personal empowerment. We all have the right answers within us (intuition). Some of the most inspirational business people in the world (who also do good in this world) had no mentors, didn't advertise and just trusted their gut. Sara Blakely is a great example of this.

BigKahuna likes this.
  2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

HI Kate,

Intuition is all good and fine but having a good understanding of the area one wants to be successful in is essential imo. In my opinion, personal empowerment comes from a solid understanding of the basics, a good understanding of the various strategies for how to utilise real estate as the vehicle in order to achieve the desired goal as well as having a good grasp of risk management in place for the overall portfolio. With regards to Sara Blakely being a great example regarding no mentorship, in fact she took it one step further and said in an interview on Forbes, "As soon as you can afford to, hire your weaknesses. What your not good at is usually what you don't like".

Last edited: 25th Dec, 2015
    BigKahuna likes this.
  3. Kate Moloney

Of course, and my reasoning behind my comments re: education will be revealed in detail in my book. You have to know yourself first and know whats right/wrong for you.

Sara Blakely hired staff, but she ran off her gut and her naivety actually served her because she tried new things and wasn;t afraid to fail. Learning from others isn't always the wisest thing to do. Humanity changes and evolves by the ones who are prepared to try new things.

BigKahuna likes this.
  4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I agree with you regarding knowing yourself and not being afraid to fail. With regards to 'following your gut', personally I believe it's what many 'property investors' actually do which is the reason they don't get very far. Just my opinion and i respect yours.

BigKahuna and Kate Moloney like this.
  5. Kate Moloney

oh of course, different stokes for different folks! :)

Theres fear and then there is intuition.
    Most people mix gut feel with fear which is where it goes wrong.

If you quieten the mind, the space between thoughts (intuition) always, always, always has the answers. Most people are too busy minded (not present) to listen to that wise voice, and even if they do hear it, most are too afraid to take action on it.

Following my intuition in the last two years has literally saved my life.

BigKahuna and MTR like this.
  6. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Do you believe you can learn anything by just meditating?

7. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

A lot of what you say about 'most people' and 'many property investors' seems to come out of your head somewhere. Got any evidence to back it up? Or just gonna keep saying the same thing over and over? How is it that you have so much access to property investors and their motivations and actions that the rest of us don't? Some kind of omnipresent knowledge that comes to you because of all the you-tube clips you watch?

8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I mentor quite a few people in addition to talking to many, many people during my week with regards to property investment, their ideas and perceptions about it. But if you want proof for yourself, go ahead and interview 100 random people about property investment, their knowledge and their ideas about wealth creation and you will get the results immediately for yourself.

In addition to all that, I have done massive amounts of reading on psychology, mindset development, property investment, autobiographies and biographies of highly successful people and champions in all fields and to a lesser amount overall wealth creation. I also live and breathe property investment so I might just know a thing or two of what I am talking about. Just maybe.

9. Kate Moloney

To me, intuition is about knowing whats right / wrong for you. It will lead you down a path that is aligned with your true self, which is on purpose and leads to fulfilment.

It doesn't necessarily mean you "can learn how to do anything" (we all have strengths/weaknesses), it means you know whats right/wrong for you. You don't necessarily need meditation to get present, however it is a good start for people with busy minds.

Heres an example: I don't know how to edit a book, nor am I interested in learning how too.

So I set an intention of finding an editor with XYZ qualities. Had a hunch to pick up a specific book and look in the back.... Had no clue why I had that hunch, but I picked up the book and in the back was an acknowledgement to an editor....I interviewed & hired that editor soon after. Have no clue where the hunch came from, but have learnt over the years to trust my hunches no matter how crazy they seem.

Hope that answers your question @Azazel ? :)

10. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Don't we all? You're no different to anyone else here.

You conveniently appear to have misunderstood what I asked you. Whether or not you have any evidence. I would say not. And that you aren't very well educated at all, otherwise you would not keep going on about most people or many investors as you are never able to back up hwat you say. It's simply your own mumbo jumbo.
    May I also point out that your predatory behaviour is quite obvious.
    I would suggest that you engage yourself in a few research projects. Also that you come clean about what you do and your own history which no doubt involves some biggies as far as mistakes go.

11. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

WattleIdo, Leo says its his opinion and belief. WattleIdo, do you have hard numbers to back up every single statement you write on the forum? It's not possible to provide all the time.
    Nothing wrong with that, I happen to believe it's true too.

Sackie likes this.
  12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

[QUOTEWattleIdo, post: 127935, member: 186"]Don't we all? You're no different to anyone else here.

Taking the 'we' as property investors in general, the answer is NO.

You conveniently appear to have misunderstood what I asked you. Whether or not you have any evidence. I would say not.
    Go and have a look at the statistics of how many people are able to build actual real wealth from property investment. Also talking to many people about it for years and often having the similar themes appear from what people say is more than enough evidence for me.

And that you aren't very well educated at all, otherwise you would not keep going on about most people or many investors as you are never able to back up hwat you say. It's simply your own mumbo jumbo.
    OK mate. That's your opinion.

May I also point out that your predatory behaviour is quite obvious.
    Predatory behavior? Your taking the **** now aren't ya.

I would suggest that you engage yourself in a few research projects. Also that you come clean about what you do and your own history which no doubt involves some biggies as far as mistakes go.

I have made mistakes trusting some people (1 person really who is not from this forum) in the past who did the wrong thing to me. It has nothing to do with people making property decisions.

[/QUOTE]

Last edited: 26th Dec, 2015
  13. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

I also believe in self education - constantly as it is very transient and what works in one market does not work in another.
    However, I do not ever take a step by step approach to something just because someone told me, I think everything is a view point, there is no absolute truth, no one really knows anything anyway so they can only express what has worked and what is working for them personally and currently. There are NO gurus I take advice from, but I listen to and read everything.
    In other words, like Kate, I run intuitively just feeling my way and learning from my own experiences.

Taking advice from others can be fear based - please tell me what to do - then when it doesn't work, you have someone to blame.

14. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I agree.

Kate Moloney and Xenia like this.
  15. Kate Moloney

This is so true - yes - read and listen to others and then decide for yourself if its right/wrong for you.

A few years back there were some leaders heavily promoting certain strategies and when it all went pear shaped, they cut ties with the situation and people were incredibly resentful because they were left with a big mess to clean up.

BigKahuna, Xenia and Sackie like this.
  16. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Leo says the same thing every time, implying that he's a cut above the rest and that most people are less knowledgable than he is. Yet there is no evidence and we know vey little about him. If you're happy with that, good for you. I'm simply asking that he back up this statement - that most property investors are unsuccessful. There is an implication that he is better than everyone else. Is he better than you too, Gockie?
    I don't like it. If it's true, put your cards on the table. If not, have some respect. That's all Gockie.
    And please stop saying 'nost people' and 'many investors'.

17. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I respect both of you.
    I believe I say the same thing a lot of the time.
    I happen to think Leo's advice and comments are sound. We can certainly do a lot worse, the stats say that most investors don't get past the second IP. Its not easy to grow a big portfolio like some spruikers make it out to be.
    I want Leo to keep contributing, his posts make sense to me. We all have opinions and of course I will challenge comments that don't sit right with me, and you have that right too.

There's always someone I can learn from... we are all contributing. :)

Kate Moloney and Sackie like this.
  18. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Your full of hatred mate. Which is sad. There are heaps of places on here where I have taken great advice from others who are great investors and very knowledgeable and thanked them and also asked questions to learn from them. I have given 'like' to many posts where people have posted great comments and insights which I value and admire. So just get over yourself.

And with regards to saying 'most people' and 'many investors' which you don't like, well too bloody bad! I am going to say my opinion whether you like it or not. It's a public forum.

And as for @Gockie I hold her in high regard! She is a great investor doing fantastically well. So just give it a rest.

ellejay and Gockie like this.
  19. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Wattle I really like both you and Leo a lot and have personally learned from both of you.
    I do find Leo to be knowledgable and he presents his view points as view points whether others agree or not - like we all do. I don't detect any arrogance but even if there was, why not just be the bigger person and allow the arrogance - who cares what other people think in their own minds and whether they think they are better/worse than others.

Every single person does the best they can with the information they have.

I won't tolerate bullying and personal attacks on anyone here but what people think of themselves is perfectly OK to me.

BigKahuna, MTR, Sackie and 2 others like this.
  20. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

Wattle, looking back on our time here and on SS you've made some good posts but every now and again some really venomous ones. You make generalisations and assumptions often on here yourself, as do most of us. Look back at a few of your own comments and you won't see any scientific evidence. No one would expect there to be. However, you now and again attack perceived arrogance in others, do you need to reflect more on the meaning of this for yourself? This is a PI forum. Maybe try taking a moment before you post or talk to someone if things aren't going well for you as this thread does not look good.

Kate Moloney, Sackie and Gockie like this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia