Great Software

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Paul@PAS, 22nd Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

At the Sydney Prop Expo and have found a game changer. www.rentingsmart.com.au app. Cloud based.

Self manage your IPs and keep the agent fees as yield. How easy? Free trial.. Tenant tools...Dashboard and reports. Fixed cost not per property

Love some feedback

Last edited: 22nd Oct, 2017
  2. Tim Morris

Tim Morris New Member

It's Tim from RentingSmart here. If anyone has any questions about our self-managed landlord software, just let me know!

I have just acquired the business, and together with the founder we're enhancing the product with lots of new features. I'd love to hear your feedback.

3. abbyfresh

abbyfresh Well-Known Member

How does it handle difficult situations and complicated tenants whereby your PM more than anything earns their fees?

L3ha7 likes this.
  4. Tim Morris

Tim Morris New Member

Thanks for your question. Being a software platform, its primary function is to transact the day-to-day activities that a landlord requires, being collecting rent and tracking costs / maintenance, however some in-built features of RentingSmart may enable a more fruitful relationship between the owner and tenant, such as email reminders of upcoming rent due, and facilitating direct communication between the tenant and owner with regard to maintenance issues.

That said, difficult situations occasionally crop up and tenants can sometimes do things that complicate matters. RentingSmart attempts to assist with visits to NCAT by providing a central repository for communications, as opposed to disparate systems like email, SMS and others, and this can assist with delibarations at a tribunal hearing.

Every now and then an owner will need to find new tenants, and most owners who self manage are fine with doing this themselves, but some owners often can't becasue of distance or other factors (I was chating with an investor on Sunday at the Expo with property in the US), and therefore many simply engage the services of a PM to just perform those services for a fee, and similar to this, the situations that occasionally arise that you refer to are also likely a service that a PM can do for a fee.

Perthguy likes this.