Grant scheme.

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Dylan33, 14th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Dylan33

Dylan33 Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard of the ongoing grants funds reward? Presumably a government grant fund for ordinary people. A friend is trying to convince us to apply.

2. hobartchic

hobartchic Well-Known Member

No. Ask your friend for a link to a government department. Check it's not a scam.

3. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Yes it is called the 'being ordinary grant award'. Not many people are ordinary these days so a grant has been introduced in an attempt to encourage ordinariness.

hobartchic and WestOz like this.
  4. Dylan33

Dylan33 Well-Known Member

Yes it was a scam! They assumed the ID of a FB friend of my wife's and started chatting about the renovations they were able to afford thnks to this grant they discovered. My wife was ready to go for it, handing over $950 to apply for the grant! We rang her friend who said she hadn't been chatting to anyone.

5. hobartchic

hobartchic Well-Known Member

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. The first alarm bell should have been paying for anything "free"!!! Your wife could do with this book by Frank Abagnale of Catch Me If You Can fame (the guy's life the movie is based on):
    https://www.amazon.com/Art-Steal-Yo...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=0767906845