Granny flat Sydney - Progress - Granny flat Approvals

Discussion in 'Granny Flats' started by See Change, 17th Jun, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

BTW , we finished our granny flat shortly after my post on 27th March . It looks pretty as a picture , but for privacy reasons we decided not to post the finished pictures of the front view .

Rented out fairly quickly . When we first started the process , the rental estimations were around 610 - 650 but by the time we got to market the rental market was flat . We looked at all the other options available locally and there were a couple vacant and the owners were still looking for their previous rental of around 650 and they were sitting vacant .

Ended up renting for 550 . young couple with small dog and a new child . Turned out one of them went through school with one of our kids .

Our biggest concern before starting was going to be noise , but to be honest you don't realised there's any one there most of the time . We very very occasionally bump into them outside . Biggest concern ? I think my wife wants to kidnap their dog .... It's cute

Total build plus landscaping around 170 . We could have gone cheaper , but we wanted something that looked nice and in keeping with the area and we're achieved that . We've had only positive comments from neighbours , including someone's who's thinking of doing the same .

So gross return close to 17 % .

Cliff

matt_j, craigc, Archaon and 3 others like this.