Granny Flat storm water connection to main house storm water

Discussion in 'Granny Flats' started by LalorParkResident, 5th Jun, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. DizzyLizzy

DizzyLizzy Member

I'm sorry that I don't have the answer for you. My heart goes out to you though, as it seems to be very challenging to find this solution. Hoping that some wise people in this site can help you or refer you to where you will find that solution.

Just from reading these post I share the view "surely it can't be that hard?"

Best of luck! Will keep updated on your thread to see what the solution is

2. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

If a private certifier approves and gives O/C your good, Im still confused on who approves stormwater (P/C or council). Im going to go through same issues with Blacktown council though at this stage waiting for my contours (my slope isnt anywhere as bad and also slopes to road for the front part of the lot then to the rear at the back - so might be able to get away with just a normal gravitational system)

3. Janaradhana

Janaradhana New Member

Hi,
    I am faced with the same problem..So what happened ?, Did the council approve your DA ?
    Regards
    Jana

4. Elives

Elives Well-Known Member

1. pay a plumber to use cctv camera on existing stormwater drain, if it's all ok i'd suggest upgrading it if required from 90mm to 100mm and connect into that i doubt council would ask for a retention pit, that should be fine to do so.
    2. if it's not fine pump the granny flat stormwater to street simple.
    3. if not fine have granny flat downpipes run to stormwater pit where pump then pumps it to street to allow for overflow from pit if fault with pump.