Granite Home Loans - 100% LVR?

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by NG., 18th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. NG.

    NG. Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    9th Nov, 2016
    Posts:
    83
    Location:
    Sydney 2219
    About Us | Granite Home Loans

    Anyone heard of. I did a search on here and never been mentioned.

    disclaimer - not affiliated with this company at all. Just thought I share and get some discussion point here as I might be interested in the new year!
     
  2. Morgs

    Morgs Well-Known Member Business Member

    Joined:
    7th Dec, 2017
    Posts:
    1,398
    Location:
    Sydney NSW
    Absolutely a unique option for those that don't have things like a parental guarantor available - quite innovative. They've got a 100%, 97% and 90% product, all owner occupier only.

    The compromise with these are that there tend to be quite high fees (application/establishment) and the rates are significantly higher than normal prime lending.

    Their assessment policy is also quite stringent - on the 100 product for instance you need to be University educated, minimum 3 years employment with same employer, etc, and they use higher assessment rates for servicing.
     
    Lindsay_W likes this.
  3. essendonfan

    essendonfan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    27th Mar, 2019
    Posts:
    137
    Location:
    Sydney
    Interesting product.

    My first question would be - why can't the borrower save at least a 5% deposit?

    Have to have some skin in the game.
     
    Lindsay_W likes this.
  4. Terry_w

    Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

    Joined:
    18th Jun, 2015
    Posts:
    35,838
    Location:
    Australia wide
    $3,500 application fee
    with the main rate close to 6%.

    They lend you the deposit.
     
    Cia, JohnPropChat and Lindsay_W like this.
  5. Shahin_Afarin

    Shahin_Afarin Residential and Commercial Broker Business Member

    Joined:
    18th Jun, 2015
    Posts:
    1,382
    Location:
    Sydney
    Its similar to a 100% medico loan in that its a blended loan of 2 loans.

    So 80% of the loan is a normal 30 year loan term and the remaining 20% of the loan is max 10 years.

    This in turn will affect servicing and they use Genworth's servicing calculator. Credit scoring will play a big part in the approval and the overall application will need to be extremely strong stable employment history, occupation type, limited unsecured liabilities, dual income is great, good servicing surplus, etc.

    Essendonfan is right in that its important to have skin in the game but a fair chunk of people generally have around 5% deposit and of what approx 4% goes to stamp duty (assuming they are not eligible for the exemption) and other closing costs such as solicitor/conveyancing fees, B&P's, etc.
     

PFA Property Expo is designed in a way that visitors can gather maximum real estate knowledge with added benefits. Different speakers will be presenting on different topics as where to buy, when to buy in this market...