Grand design(er) wanted: QLDer renovation/extension/pool/landscaping

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Bran, 17th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Folks,

We are trying to get a pool (and landscaping) done on our small city block. But, there is a diagonal sewerage easement which means the pool will essentially fit in only one spot.

But, at some stage, we also want (?need) to renovate and extend our QLDer rear wards, which means any allowances need to be planned in advance.

To whom do we turn? The plans don't need to be particularly detailed as we have no imminent plans to build, except with regards to the clearances and placement of the pool, such that we don't burn any bridges down the track.

Edit: I think my question is whether a draftsman is the right place to start

Last edited: 17th Apr, 2016
  2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

I vote drafty. Especially for prelim

I'll do it cheap ;) post
    post it note style

What's the deal with the **** pipe ? Have you got info on it? Have you spoken to quu? May be a slight chance to work around it. Conc encase or relining. Unlikely but worth a few calls. Dial before you dig me

Bran likes this.
  3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Around 15 years ago we put in a pool at a house that had the sewer running diagonally thru the yard too ... it cost us no more to have a "designed" concrete inground pool than a plain one ... so we did a funky zig zag thing at one end, incorporating the steps, so that it also ran diagonally (wish I had some photos as ended up looking amazing) - so basically a square end at one end and two cutout L's at the other ... hope that makes sense.

Have you looked into getting something specifically designed like that?

As for extensions - have you drawn up some rough plans yourself? Can we see them?

bob shovel likes this.